Thursday, November 15, 2018

Philemon 7-20, Psalm 146:7-10, Luke 17:20-25

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I am the vine, you are the branches, says the Lord:
whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit. Jn 15:5



Philemon 7-20, Psalm 146:7-10, Luke 17:20-25


Philemon 7-20


My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Paul reminds his friend in such loving and gentle terms to do what is right by the man who was once his slave. Onesimus has embraced the Gospel and is a fellow Christian and brother in Christ. He is no longer a slave for all who believe in You and in the Gospel are children of God.

We ought to feel for our Christian brothers and sisters, no matter who they may be, just as Paul does for Onesimus and to treat our fellow Christians as he urges Philemon to treat his former slave.

Psalm 146:7-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The psalmist reminds us how God loves the poor, the downtrodden, the prisoner, the forgotten, the sinner. It is God who feeds us and provides for all our needs. And He counts on us to do the same. You have said clearly, 'In as much as you have done it for these little ones, you have done it to me.'

Luke 17:20-25

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

When you came into the world the Kingdom of God came with You and was established here among us. It is already here. It has to be realized in every human heart only then will we truly enjoy the bliss of Your Presence here and now in our midst.

We long for Your Second Coming Beloved. When You do the whole world will know it at once. But I believe we ought to be grateful for Your delay for if You came now not many would be taken up with You. 

Grant O Lord, my God, that every Christian may live the Gospel so powerfully that all may come to know You, believe in You, love You and be saved. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment