Friday, November 16, 2018

2 John 4-9, Psalm 119:1-2, 10-11, 17-18, Luke 17:26-37

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Stand erect and raise your heads
because your redemption is at hand. Lk 21:28


2 John 4-9, Psalm 119:1-2, 10-11, 17-18, Luke 17:26-37


2 John 4-9

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

All that we need to receive eternal life has been revealed to us both in Scripture, and in You. You are the fulfillment of all the promises of God beginning with Adam and Eve. There is only one commandment - the commandment to love first God above and before all and then to love each other. If love is the guiding principle of my life I shall never put a foot astray.

The Great Deceiver has his minions in the world and many in the world are being ruined by the lies that are being spread by those who hate God. If the world refuses to recognize and believe that the Father sent You into the world as one of us, clothed in human flesh, then Satan wins. But we know the end of the story my Lord, You have won the victory, You have triumphed over death and the Cross, and You have paid the price of our redemption.

Through the power of Your Holy Spirit set our souls on fire so that we who believe will witness courageously to the Truth that is revealed and embodied in You.

Psalm 119:1-2, 10-11, 17-18,

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

If I love You then it will not be a hardship to obey You, to follow wherever You lead, and to trust You even when I do not understand. 

Grant me, this grace My Lord and My God, that I may seek You with all my heart and do what You ask even when my flesh cries out against it. You know how weak my flesh is and how easily I give in at the first hurdle. 

Thank You for the gift of Your Sacraments that enable me to receive all the help I need. Make it possible Beloved, for me to frequent them more often because I need the graces that are granted through them, to lead a holy life. Keep my gaze fixed on You and I will not stray from the path that leads to life.  Amen.


Luke 17:26-37

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

In today's Gospel, You warn us about being so consumed by the world that we miss the signs of Your coming to us every day and Your Presence among us. The world is raucously and belligerently determined to deny You, determined to deny that there is Truth that cannot be denied and that is unchangeable, unlike the weather.  The world is determined to eat, drink, and be merry all the way to hell. It is determined to deny all that is true, good, beautiful, sacred, and divine and prefers to pander to every whim and desire of the flesh.

So many are already in hell because they live frenetically from one passion to the next and they are deadened and de-sensitized to all that is noble and good.

How much longer Beloved, can we go on like this? Have mercy on Your people Lord, the faithful remnant, and come to our aid and rescue us. Enough Beloved. Let better sense prevail and let the Wisdom of the Holy Spirit descend upon the world and awaken it from its deadly stupor.

No comments:

Post a Comment