Monday, October 22, 2018

Ephesians 2:1-10, Psalm 100:1-5, Luke 12:13-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are the poor in spirit;
for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven. Mt 5:3
Ephesians 2:1-10, Psalm 100:1-5, Luke 12:13-21


Ephesians 2:1-10

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

St. Paul reminds me today that I have been a creature of the flesh for too long a time and that I was dead in my disobedience to Your Will and alive to the dictates of my willful, selfish desires completely lacking in self-control. You would have been justified to let me die in my iniquity and be lost eternally. But God our Father who is Love would not permit it. Through You, Beloved of my soul, He called me out of darkness into Your marvelous light. You have saved Me. You have forgiven all my transgressions. You have washed me in Your Blood, and restored the grace that I had once squandered so foolishly. Thank You, Father, for loving me infinitely through Your Son, thank You, Beloved, for the Gift of Your Spirit, thank You Holy Spirit for helping me to strive constantly to live a life pleasing to God.

Psalm 100:1-5

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Psalmist captures beautifully all that my heart wants to say.

The Lord made us, we belong to him.
Because I am Your my heart must give You praise and thanks in all that I do and say all the days of my life. There must be a song of praise always on lips. I am under the mighty protection of the One who created me and His watchful Presence in within me and surrounds me. I belong to You Beloved completely, I desire to hold nothing back but to freely give You all of myself. Do with me just as You will. Teach me to respond to Your love with an answering love. Help me to be faithful because of Your unwavering faithfulness to me. Grant that I may love You until I breathe my last breath on earth so I may take the next in Your Holy Presence there to remain with You forever. Amen.

Luke 12:13-21

‘You fool, this night your life will be demanded of you;
and the things you have prepared, to whom will they belong?’
Thus will it be for the one who stores up treasure for himself
but is not rich in what matters to God.”

“Take care to guard against all greed,
for though one may be rich,
one’s life does not consist of possessions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment