Friday, October 19, 2018

Ephesians 1:11-14, Psalm 33:1-2, 4-5, 12-13, Luke 12:1-7

DAILY HOLY MASS READING

May your kindness, O LORD, be upon us;
who have put our hope in you. Ps 33:22


Ephesians 1:11-14, Psalm 33:1-2, 4-5, 12-13,
Luke 12:1-7

Ephesians 1:11-14


My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I have been created for a purpose - to know You, to love You, to seek to know Your will in all the circumstances of my life, to glory in Your love for me and to praise, adore, and worship You with my whole heart, my whole soul, all my strength and my being. For this glorious purpose and destiny, I have been created. I have been born into the family of God as a cradle Catholic. I have been given the gift of faith. The Holy Spirit has come upon me in the Sacrament of Confirmation and God Himself is my Food and Drink. I have already tasted heaven here on earth and I will taste it in fullness in the life to come. How truly blessed I am. Thank You, my Lord and my God.

Psalm 33:1-2, 4-5, 12-13


My Love, Beloved of my soul,

I exult with the Psalmist as I glory in the truth that I have been chosen to belong to God. I am a member of Your Body, the Church. Pour Your Spirit upon me that I may praise You all the days of my life and never cease to worship You. Thank You for Your promises and for Your Word which saves. Thank You for watching over me and for sealing me in Your Love and in Your Spirit. In Your great mercy and compassion, keep me faithful to You till the end.

Luke 12:1-7

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

St. Luke tells us that the crowds who came to listen to You were so great that they were literally trampling each other. Yet, how many of them truly believed in You and followed You? How many in that crowd also joined the mob, in the end, demanding that You be crucified? Many of us have itching ears as St. Paul remarked, ready to run after every new guru and every new fad. How many of us experience real and lasting conversion? This is why You warn Your disciples to be on their guard against the hypocrisy of the Pharisees who rigidly practice the letter of the law and forget its spirit.

Very often, those in positions of power and authority, believe that they can get away with anything. They are like ostriches who hide their head in the sand believing that no one sees what they do. They forget that God cannot be fooled and all they have done in secret will be brought into the clear light of day. Those who have used their power to subjugate the poor, the marginalized, the weak, will be judged - and will find both their body and soul cast into the everlasting fire that does not consume nor can be put out.

Thank You Beloved for reminding us that the poor whom the world chooses not to see are seen and known by You. Thank You for assuring us that we need not be afraid because Your eye is always upon us and that You care for us.

Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins?
Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God.
Even the hairs of your head have all been counted.
Do not be afraid.
You are worth more than many sparrows."



No comments:

Post a Comment