Wednesday, September 19, 2018

1 Corinthians 12:31----13:13, Psalm 33:2-5, 12, 22, Luke 7:31-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life,
you have the words of everlasting life. Jn 6:63C, 68C

1 Corinthians 12:31----13:13, Psalm 33:2-5, 12, 22,
Luke 7:31-35



1 Corinthians 12:31----13:13

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

As children of God and as members of the family of God we are always invited by You and the Holy Spirit to strive after holiness as our Father in heaven in holy and perfect. We are called to strive after excellence in all things spiritual. I cannot call God Father and then reveal traits in my character that are alien to His. I am a child of God and a member of Your Body the Church.

In today's Liturgy, we read perhaps one of the most sublime passages ever thought of and written on the nature and quality of love. It is abundantly clear from the beauty, nobility, and power of these verses that this is no merely human understanding of love but has been inspired by the Holy Spirit.

We are both human and spiritual beings. Each of us carries within our soul infinity and divinity for the Holy Spirit dwells in us and makes our body His Holy Temple. This is why we are called to live holy lives pleasing to the Father for where sin is present God cannot abide.

This more excellent way for children of God to live in an ugly, sinful world is a clarion call to all who have chosen You for our Brother, Bridegroom, and Friend.

If I speak in human and angelic tongues
but do not have love,
I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
And if I have the gift of prophecy
and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge;
if I have all faith so as to move mountains,
but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give away everything I own,
and if I hand my body over so that I may boast
but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind.
It is not jealous, love is not pompous,
it is not inflated, it is not rude,
it does not seek its own interests,
it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,
it does not rejoice over wrongdoing
but rejoices with the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails.
If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing;
if tongues, they will cease;
if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.
For we know partially and we prophesy partially,
but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child,
think as a child, reason as a child;
when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror,
but then face to face.
At present I know partially;
then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.
So faith, hope, love remain, these three;
but the greatest of these is love.

Psalm 33:2-5, 12, 22

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

It is not we who have chosen God but He who has chosen us to be His Own. Even though we are sinners He still stoops tenderly over us and constantly calls us to a life of repentance. He desires that we turn away from sin and live holy lives. He desires that once our life has run its course on earth we may spend eternity with Him.

God so loved us that He sent You into the world to be our Savior. Were it not for You Beloved, and the ransom You paid to deliver us from the snares of the Enemy the breach created by sin between God and us would never have been repaired.

You have put a new song of praise in our hearts and we will sing of Your goodness and love all the days of our lives.

Thank You Beloved for redeeming me and throwing open the gates of heaven so I may enter through You. There is no other way to the Father except through You who are the Way, the Truth and the Life.

Luke 7:31-35

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Truly we are like children Beloved. We are obstinate, stubborn, self-willed, foolish, slow of understanding, and lacking in wisdom and common sense. We are unable to read the signs of the times. We are unable to comprehend the disastrous consequences of our evil choices. We are unable to see for ourselves where sin is leading us and how we are not only destroying ourselves but everything around us. We embrace sterility and call it freedom. We produce nothing and we are drying up and shriveling from the roots. 

How much longer Beloved, before Wisdom prevails? How much longer before we say enough of ugliness and evil it leads to death and destruction. We choose life, we choose beauty, we choose love, we choose God.

Bring us to sanity Lord before we destroy ourselves and the world completely for we a wicked people of a wicked generation. Have mercy on us O Lord, have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment