Sunday, August 19, 2018

Proverbs 9:1-6, Psalm 34:2-7, Ephesians 5:15-20, John 6:51-58

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood
remains in me and I in him, says the Lord. Jn 6:56

Proverbs 9:1-6, Psalm 34:2-7, Ephesians 5:15-20,
John 6:51-58

Proverbs 9:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Wisdom which is another name fo God has established His home on earth in the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. God has given us the seven sacraments. He has prepared the Eucharistic table for all who are baptized into Your His Church. Here we receive the Flesh of the Son of Man to eat and we are given the New Wine which is Your Blood which wells up to divine life in us. 

Day and night all over the world we hear the messengers of God inviting all to come and partake freely of the meal which is available to people of every race, language, color, and nation. Unless we eat this flesh and drink this wine we will lack an understanding of the divine. However, it is given only to the humble, the simple, the childlike, the Christlike. We must be prepared to give up, to deny, to let go of all that holds us back, shackles us, imprisons, us keeps us in slavery and bondage before we can come and eat.
Psalm 34:2-7

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Only those who have been granted the privilege of feasting at the Eucharistic table, those who believe that Your Body is real food and Your Blood real drink, can receive the immeasurable graces given to those who celebrate this Sacrament of Love worthily.

We exult with joy at the goodness of the Father who desired that we receive this divine Manna daily for He knows that without this spiritual nourishment we would be unable to wage war against the Enemy, the Devil, who prows around to devour souls.

At every Eucharistic celebration, we extol the goodness of God, we offer You praise, adoration, thanksgiving, and worship for You are worthy. Thank You for answering us in times of distress and for never abandoning those who are Yours.

Ephesians 5:15-20

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

No Christian can claim ignorance of how God's people are called to live in an evil world and this applies even more particularly to Catholics and those who serve the Church as Your shepherds either in high places or lower down the hierarchical structure.

All of us have failed God ever since the first sin committed by Adam and Eve. But now we are not only their children, inheriting original sin and concupiscence but we are also children of God by virtue of our baptism. No longer can we say that we are ignorant of how we are called to live. 

St. Paul does not mince words as we see in today's second reading:

Brothers and sisters:
Watch carefully how you live,
not as foolish persons but as wise,
making the most of the opportunity,
because the days are evil.
Therefore, do not continue in ignorance,
but try to understand what is the will of the Lord.
And do not get drunk on wine, in which lies debauchery,
but be filled with the Spirit.


Immeasurable grace is given to Catholics through the worthy reception of the Sacraments this is why my Beloved You have commanded that we be holy and perfect just as our heavenly Father is holy and perfect. In cooperation with grace, this is possible. Enable us to be strong and to utilize the grace that is poured out upon us and upon Your Church. Amen.
John 6:51-58

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Every Christian who has ever read this passage and still thinks that the Eucharist is only a symbolic meal is like the ostrich that buries its head in the sand. If they understand perfectly what You are saying but are afraid to take the leap into the Church You established, then unfortunately they condemn themselves to eternal damnation. Your Word is clear and Your repeat it not one but several time.

Let those who have ears hear.

Jesus said to the crowds:
"I am the living bread that came down from heaven;
whoever eats this bread will live forever;
and the bread that I will give
is my flesh
for the life of the world."

The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying,
"How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
Jesus said to them,
"Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood,
you do not have life within you.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood
has eternal life,

and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food,and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood
remains in me and I in him.

Just as the living Father sent me
and I have life because of the Father,
so also the one who feeds on me
will have life because of me.

This is the bread that came down from heaven.
Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died,
whoever eats this bread will live forever."

It is clear Beloved, those who know and refuse to eat, as well as those who approach the Table aware they are in a state of grievous sin, eat and drink damnation to their eternal souls.


No comments:

Post a Comment