Thursday, August 2, 2018

Jeremiah 18:1-6, Psalm 146:1-6, Matthew 13:47-53

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Open our heart, O Lord,
to listen to the words of your Son. Acts 16:14B

Jeremiah 18:1-6, Psalm 146:1-6, Matthew 13:47-53


Jeremiah 18:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You speak to us constantly if we only had ears to hear we would hear Your Voice. You call lovingly, tenderly, to contrition and repentance. You are a God who saves. You do not wish to see the destruction of the sinner. Today You remind us that we are as clay is in the hands of the potter. It is the potter hands that work to shape the clay as he wills. If it is not shaped the way he desires it he breaks it and begins again it, fashioning it into a design that he sees fit. According to his plan. So are we, Your creatures, as clay in the Divine Potter's hand. I yield to You, do what You will with me.
Psalm 146:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Time and experience have taught me how futile and disappointing it is to trust people. In the course of my life, I have often approached those with power and influence hoping they would help me in a difficult situation. Time and time again I was crushed with disappointment because they failed to do so they only made empty promises. I have finally learned Beloved, that You are the one I must run to. You are my help, my stronghold, my shield, my deliverer. You alone can satisfy the needs of a hungry heart. You alone have compassion and tenderness enough to minister to my needs and to give me all that my heart desires according to Your riches, Your goodness, Your mercy.

You are my hope in You alone I place all my confidence and my trust.
Matthew 13:47-53

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Father sent You into the world not only to save the wretched sons and daughters of Adam but to adopt them. He desired to make us His adopted children. To do this, He sent You into the world. He wooed us from the start. Slowly, patiently, He revealed Himself to us. Then when the time had come, He sent You into the world to be born of the Immaculate Virgin. 

Only God could reveal the magnitude of His love for us. A love that saves.  You came to reveal to us the treasures of the Kingdom of Heaven and to show us the way there for it was to be our inheritance - one that is Yours as His only Son and that He desired to share with us through adoption.

This is our time Beloved, as long as we are alive to be the kind of fish that is worth setting aside. For as long as today lasts we have an opportunity to set our house in order and to do the things that well up to eternal life. You have shown us the Way, it is up to us whether or not to walk in it. If we do we will be saved if not we will be cast into the darkness forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment