Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Jeremiah 15:10, 16-21, Psalm 59:2-4, 10-11, 17-19, Matthew 13:44-46

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I call you my friends, says the Lord,
for I have made known to you all that the Father has told me. 
Jn 15:15B
Feast of St. Alphonsus Ligouri - Bishop and Doctor of the Church


Jeremiah 15:10, 16-21, Psalm 59:2-4, 10-11, 17-19,
Matthew 13:44-46


Jeremiah 15:10, 16-21

My love, Beloved of my soul,

Give me a heart as receptive as the prophet's so I too may repent of all my sins, return to You with all my heart, and find in Your Word food and drink for my soul.

It is You I hunger and thirst for. In the watches of the night, my soul reaches out yearning for You and for Your Presence. You have made Your home in me Beloved, unworthy as I am. Often I have rejected You or have wounded You by allowing myself to indulge the dictates of my flesh rather than listening to the still small voice within me urging me to reject temptation.

There is a great hunger within me Beloved, a vacant place in my soul that only You can fill for I was created for You. Lead me once more to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell and there feed me on Your Word until I am satisfied. May I be so filled with You Beloved that out of the fullness of my heart will come forth only that which is good, noble, pure, beautiful, and holy. Free me from myself and the sinful tendencies that weigh me down and instead Beloved raise me to Yourself and unite me to You with cords of love that cannot be broken.

Psalm 59:2-4, 10-11, 17-19

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

When I have faced with temptation flood my soul with grace so I am able to flee from it and take shelter and refuge in Your Sacred Heart. Do not, I beg You, let me flirt with sin for I then face the danger of being consumed and ensnared by it. Stay with me Beloved through the day and watch over me at night. May I surrender the battle to You and permit You to fight the Enemy on my behalf. Rescue me from my own sinful inclinations and keep me close to You in life and in death. Amen.
Matthew 13:44-46

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

You have shown us by example and we know beyond the shadow of a doubt by the life of many saints that true happiness does not come from any created thing. You came to reveal to us the Father's love - a love that is incomprehensible, unfathomable, and has no end. The Father's love is not dependant on anything we say or do - He just loves. God sent You into the world to reveal that love in and through You.

Our goal and our destiny is heaven. The Kingdom is within the grasp of all those who believe in the Name and believing we live.

Nothing we give up for the sake of the Kingdom of God is worth keeping if in holding on it we lose heaven. May I never ever wonder, even for a moment, if any person or thing is worth more than eternal life with You. The world and all the fascination it holds are nothing compared to belonging to You and being possessed by You now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment