Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Micah 7:14-15, 18-20, Psalm 85:2-8, Matthew 12:46-50

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Whoever loves me will keep my word,
and my Father will love him
and we will come to him. Jn 14:23
Micah 7:14-15, 18-20, Psalm 85:2-8, 
Matthew 12:46-50


Micah 7:14-15, 18-20

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

How can I thank You enough for all the reassurance You give me today that although I am a sinner I belong to You. I  belong to Your flock and You are my Shepherd. You lead me and with Your staff, You guide me to keep me on the right path.  You ensure that I am fed with the finest wheat and the sweetest honey. You set me free from slavery to my own weaknesses to which I succumb so often. You do not get angry with me but you will chastise me gently and strengthen me.

Along with the prophet Micah I rejoice and sing Your praises,

Who is there like you, the God who removes guilt
and pardons sin for the remnant of his inheritance;
Who does not persist in anger forever,
but delights rather in clemency,
And will again have compassion on us,
treading underfoot our guilt?
You will cast into the depths of the sea
all our sins;
You will show faithfulness to Jacob,
and grace to Abraham,
As you have sworn to our fathers
from days of old.

Thank You, my Lord and my God for not abandoning me but loving me back into Your fold. Amen
Psalm 85:2-8

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for revealing Your mercy and love over and over again despite the fact that I am constantly falling short of all that I ought to be. Thank You for never abandoning me at the trough feeding on husks and covered in the grime of my offenses. Thank You for taking away my guilt every time I approach You with a repentant heart and a contrite spirit. Thank You for not direct Your just and burning wrath against me although I know You would be right in doing so. Thank You for Your everlasting love, mercy, and compassion and thank You for seeking and saving me. Amen. 

Matthew 12:46-50

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

The open secret for those who wish to belong to You closely with bonds that are as intimate as those of immediate family members is to discern the will of the Father in all things and to do it. To do God's will once we know it, promptly and joyfully, is the way to the Kingdom of Heaven.

You once said to Your Apostles that doing the will of Your Father was food and drink to You. Mother Mary, when invited to collaborate with God and become Your Mother said, "May it be done to me according to Your Word." To do the will of God was food and drink to her as well. This is why she has been raised above all creatures and is seated at Your right hand.

To those who would interpret Your words as not giving Your Mother any undue importance by placing those who seek to do the will of God in better standing with You than her, do You a great disservice. They have not understood the great compliment You were paying her in public. You recognized before the crowd that she most perfectly had every right to be acknowledged as Your Mother for no creature ever did God's will more completely and perfectly as she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment