Wednesday, July 25, 2018

2 Corinthians 4:7-15, Psalm 126:1-6, Matthew 20:20-28

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I chose you from the world,
to go and bear fruit that will last, says the Lord. Jn 15:16

Feast of St. James, Apostle,

2 Corinthians 4:7-15, Psalm 126:1-6, 
Matthew 20:20-28

2 Corinthians 4:7-15

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

If we only understood, if I only understood the great power given me through the Sacraments and that I carry within me I would walk boldly in the faith. I would live the faith unafraid of political correctness that constrains us to whitewash the truth. If I truly understood who I am as Your follower and Your disciple I would be unafraid of the world that persecutes, imprisons, punishes, and even puts to death those who preach the Gospel. I would keep ever before me and experience in me the power and the glory of the Cross.

St Paul understood what it meant to stand up boldly for the Truth for he was aware that souls were at stake and how important it was that not one of Your little ones should perish. St. James was martyred for the sake of the Gospel and so was St. Paul and countless others. Let me not be afraid of present temporary suffering but keep ever before me the glory of the Resurrection, giving You thanks always for the destiny that belongs to those who are called by Your Name.

Psalm 126:1-6

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

After every good Confession, we are like the captives of Zion returning home joyfully to our Father's House. 

Sin estranges us from God. We put barriers so grace is unable to work in us. We become heartsick, and sick in body and soul. Our lives become bleak and burdensome. God knew that we cannot bear the blight to our soul when we turn away from Him and follow the desires of our flesh when we are captivated by the pleasures and distractions of the world that draw us away for all that is good and true. 

Tears are the lot of those who are ensnared by sin and are unable to extricate themselves from its bondage. Thank You Beloved for the beautiful Sacrament of Reconciliation when we can once more be cleansed and are clothed again with grace and peace. Thank You for the joy that fills the soul after a good Confession. Grant me the grace to take advantage of this gift often. 

Matthew 20:20-28

My Love, Beloved of my soul,

It is the way of the world to jockey for the best places. This is the desire of parents as well for their children. We do all in our power to make sure we are first, noticed, acknowledged, praised, made much of. We like to be put before others. It was the same with the mother of James and John. 

She was looking for the most advantageous places for her two sons and they wanted it as well. You took this opportunity to teach them and us the way of the Kingdom of God which is in total contrast to the way of the world.

The Kingdom values teach us that the first is last and the last is first. Those who have nothing have everything. Those who lose their lives for the sake of the Gospel receive it in abundance.

We are not called to imbibe the ways of the world but the way of the Cross. We are called to serve and not to be served in imitation of You, Your Mother, and all the great saints who have gone before us.

We are called to give without counting the cost in order to gain all things in union with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment