Monday, May 21, 2018

Genesis 3:9-15, 20, Psalm 87:1-3, 5-7, John 19:25-34

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Memorial of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 
Mother of the Church

O happy Virgin, you gave birth to the Lord;
O blessed mother of the Church,
you warm our hearts with the Spirit of your Son Jesus Christ.

Genesis 3:9-15, 20, Psalm 87:1-3, 5-7, John 19:25-34


Genesis 3:9-15, 20

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Adam and Eve were given a very clear command, just one, and they were expected to obey. They had the freedom to eat of the plentiful fruit of the trees in the garden but the fruit of this particular tree was forbidden. 

To this day Beloved, our fallen human race is riveted to the things that we ought not to do and we revolt from doing the things we ought; in this lies our tragedy.

You are constantly in search of the sinner. You never abandon us no matter how gravely and grievously we sin. "Where are you?" It is most comforting to know my Lord that as long as I have breath in my body You will come looking for me no matter how hard I try to hide from You and strive to cover my nakedness from You.

I am a sinner, there is no escaping that fact. This is why it is a good thing to quickly acknowledge my offenses and make reparation for my sins. Because of Eve, I will always be weak because of Mary I will always have hope. Thank You, my Lord and my God for saving and redeeming the world in perfect obedience to the will of Your Father thus restoring what Adam had lost irrevocably but for You.

Psalm 87:1-3, 5-7

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I cannot thank You enough that I was born in the embrace of Holy Mother Church, the Church You founded of which You are its Head and You its Cornerstone. She was birthed at the foot of the Cross and Mary went through the birth pangs making her its Mother. Thus she who conceived and gave birth to the Son of the Most High, was also given spiritual maternity of Your brothers and sisters when You entrusted her to the beloved disciple and the beloved disciple to her.

The Church is Holy because You, her Head, is holy. We receive through You all that is necessary to help us become like You. Thank You for our Holy Father and for all our Bishops and the Clergy. Thank You for all holy men and women and may every baptized Catholic be counted among them for we are all attached to You Beloved and we have eternal life flowing into us from You. We have an eternal and glorious destiny in and through Your Church because You make Your Sanctuary in us and among us.


John 19:25-34


Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for entrusting me to Your Mother, thank You for thirsting for my love, thank You for accomplishing the work of salvation on the Cross and opening the gate to the Kingdom of God so I may enter. 

Grant me this grace Beloved to ensure that Your Mother who is our Mother too may be revered, loved, honored, respected, and highly venerated in our home.

Thank You for the sword of love that pierced through Your Sacred Heart and for the life-giving waters that continue to flow from it over Your Church and over every one who has received the Sacrament of Baptism. Stay with me Lord until the evening of my life arrives and receive my soul into Yourself. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment