Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Acts 7:51-----8:1A, Psalm 31:3-4, 6-8, 17 & 21, John 6:30-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

I am the bread of life, says the Lord;
whoever comes to me will never hunger. Jn 6:35AB


Acts 7:51-----8:1A, Psalm 31:3-4, 6-8, 17 & 21, 
John 6:30-35  

Acts 7:51-----8:1A

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Truth is always anathema to those who are filled with hate and pride. Those who see themselves as above the law of God. They are the ones who are lawless and they make up the rules as they go along - rules to suit the mood of the moment dictated by self-interest. 

Just as John the Baptist did not mince words when he addressed the elders, scribes, and Pharisees, and neither did You, so too does Stephen boldly address his accusers. He is unafraid of the consequences because it is always right to speak the Truth whether or not it will be palatable to your hearers.

Salvation history is littered with the lives of martyrs who boldly confessed to the Truth and so it continues in this day and age. Christians who boldly preach the Gospel are persecuted and many who profess to be baptized Christians are toothless because they desire to conform to the world. 

But You promised us that if we stand on the side of Truth against a godless world we need never fumble for words to defend ourselves for the Holy Spirit Himself will come to our aid as He did in the case of Stephen. Death was certain for Stephen and he gladly faced his martyrdom for he knew that You were waiting to receive him into the Kingdom. 

You have given us a wonderful example of how to lay down our lives for the Truth. Give us the grace and the strength we need to be unafraid when we are called to be witnesses of the Good News of our salvation. We do not know who will be converted when we do so.

Psalm 31:3-4, 6-8, 17 & 21

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

ThankYou for Your constant assurance that You are with me always. That I am never alone but that You are my help, my strength, my place of refuge in whom I can find shelter.

Help me always to run to You and to make my home in You. May I lean on You and trust in Your Holy Spirit to lead me and guide me every moment of every day. Give me the confidence to yield to You and not worry when things get rough for You will see me through.

Thank You for Your gracious kindness, love, and mercy that has saved me. I am Yours, my Lord. Do with me as You will.

John 6:30-35  

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Just like the crowd we are constantly beseeching You signs. But the greatest Sign of all is the Sign of Contradiction. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.

Sometimes Beloved when I listen to testimonies or read the lives of saints to whom You appeared, I wish that I too could have a similar privilege and then I recall Your words to Thomas.  If it were Your will that I needed to see You, or if You had a particular mission for me that made it necessary for me to see You then so it would be. However, I belong to the countless believers who have not seen but yet believe.

The greatest Sign is the Sign of the Cross. The Sign of salvation. The greatest Sign is the Eucharist when ordinary bread and ordinary wine become Your Body and Your Blood as food for our soul.

Abba Father, Jesus said that He said nothing, and did nothing that was not in accordance with Your will. We thank You for sending Your Son. We thank You for the Cross. We thank You for the Holy Eucharist. We thank You for Jesus who is the New Covenant between God and His new people.

Truly, Beloved all who come to You and make their home in You will never be hungry or thirsty again.

No comments:

Post a Comment