Saturday, March 10, 2018

Hosea 6:1-6, Psalm 51:3-4, 18-21, Luke 18:9-14

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

If today you hear his voice,
harden not your hearts. Ps 95:8



Hosea 6:1-6, Psalm 51:3-4, 18-21, Luke 18:9-14


Hosea 6:1-6

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for Your words of encouragement today through the mouth of the prophet Hosea. Thank You for always inviting us to come back to You. Thank You for raising us up with You to new life after You entered into the death of sin that was our lot. Thank You for taking away the fear of death and making it a doorway to life eternally with You, the Father and the Holy Spirit. Thank You for Your never failing mercy and love.

Forgive me Beloved for all the times I was lukewarm, cold, indifferent, casual, about the things that are priceless. Forgive me for the times I deliberately walked away from the Way that leads to Life. Forgive for the many times I deliberately shut my eyes and ears to Truth. Thank You for the Truth that sets me free. Thank You for the innumerable occasions in my life when You have been more patient and understanding than any human ever could. Thank You for not giving up on me but staying patiently at my side.  Finally, thank You for You assurance that You will remain with me always and You will lead me home to Your Father in heaven there to glorify You with the angles and saints forever. 

Psalm 51:3-4, 18-21

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I join my lamentation with that of the psalmist and I entreat You to have mercy on me. I have sinned Lord, against You alone have I sinned and done what is abhorrent in Your sight. I have deliberately walked away from the truth so often. In Your great goodness and kindness blot out my offences cleanse me with Your most precious Blood and remember my transgressions against You no more. 

Wipe away my tears and restore to me all  have lost Forgiven by You and strengthened in Your love I have lost and I will walk again with confidence; but this time leaning on You every step of the way. Truly Beloved, without You I can do nothing that will ever be pleasing to God; but You I can do all things. I offer You my broken, humble, sorrowful, penitent, contrite, heart and I know that You will not reject me. You are kind, good, loving, merciful, compassionate, and You do not desire the death of the sinner but You wish us all to be saved and come to the knowledge of Truth embodied in You.

Luke 18:9-14

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Have I ever been like the Pharisee? Have I ever thought myself better than others who had far less opportunities than I did? Have I despised anyone for whatever reason and justified my attitude? Have I been as self-righteous and judgmental; looking down on someone based on my assumptions, based on appearances, based on nothing but externals, never taking the time to look further than my prejudice and narrow mindedness?

I know I have Beloved, and while I may not recall every instance when I have been less than loving and merciful, You know it all. Forgive me. Grant me the grace never ever to look at another without seeing how much more guilty I am of failing to love as You desire me to. 

I have sinned. I am a sinner. Today I stand with the tax collector and beat my breast acknowledging that I am a sinner and pleading with You to be merciful to me; so like him I too may go home forgiven by You and the Father.

Teach me the invaluable worth of humility and to exercise this virtue always - a virtue that You lived to perfection even though You were and are God.

No comments:

Post a Comment