Thursday, March 15, 2018

Exodus 32:7-14, Psalm 106:19-23, John 5:31-47

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son,
so that everyone who believes in him might have eternal life. 

Jn 3:16

Exodus 32:7-14, Psalm 106:19-23, John 5:31-47


Exodus 32:7-14

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

There have been times in my own life when I have sinned grievously and I turned by back on You and on Your great love for me. I walked away from my inheritance as a child of God and heir to the Kingdom. I deliberately sought sin and separation from You in my weakness and because of my propensity to evil.

You would have been right to destroy me as You threatened to destroy the people who sinned in worshiping a molten calf as God. There have been many molten calves that I have set up in the past. I have set  what is base before my eyes, but You did not destroy me as I deserved. You did not blot me out of your sight although you would have been right and justified in doing so. Instead You  came after me. You did not give up until I  listened to You and saw reason, until I understood that my joy and my fulfillment is in You. Thank You for not destroying me but loving me into Your Kingdom instead.

Psalm 106:19-23

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Thank You for standing in the breech as Moses once did and for pleading to the Father not to destroy this miserable sinner. He would have been justified in doing so but You paid too great a price to redeem me. You have loved me with an inexhaustible and eternal love even though I am quite undeserving of such love. Thank You for seeking me even though I distanced myself from You. Thank You for pursuing me and for revealing to me how much You loved me. Thank You for the Cross, it reminds me that I am precious in Your sight and You think I am worth the price You paid.

John 5:31-47

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

So often I am eager for human approbation today You reveal to me very clearly that You do not accept human testimony and neither do You testify on Your behalf. Your Father who sent You has testified unequivocally that You are who who say You are, the Eternal Son of the Eternal Father who was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, became Man and lay down Your life for us in order that we may live eternally with You. This is the Good News of our salvation. 

Help me Beloved not to hanker for human praise; help me do the work allotted to me quietly, drawing as little attention to myself as possible. May I seek to glorify You in all things always.

No comments:

Post a Comment