Friday, December 15, 2017

Isaiah 48:17-19, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Matthew 11:16-19

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

The Lord will come; go out to meet him!
He is the prince of peace.



Isaiah 48:17-19, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Matthew 11:16-19

Isaiah 48:17-19

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You confirm below all You have said to me in Your Word to me today. Truly, it is You my Lord and my God who are my Redeemer. Your Holy Spirit is my Guide and He leads me on the path of holiness. He inspires me to do good, to strive after goodness and integrity. I fail miserably several times a day but that is not because He has failed me but because I fail You. I am a miserable sinner. I struggle and often I lose because I have not thrown myself upon You and begged You to help me when I am unable to help myself.

The remedy is clear. I must obey Your commandments if I am to live a life pleasing to You. The fault is all mine. You provide all the help and grace I need every day and if I would but look to You, call on Your, cry out Your Name You would hasten to help me. 

Deliver me Beloved from myself I beg You and help me to choose always to walk in the path that leads to You and to the Father with the help of Your Spirit. Amen. Continue to bless those I love with Your peace and Your joy.

Psalm 1:1-4, 6

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Those blessed by You keep their gaze fixed on You and not on the world. To do this one needs to be totally focused on You to desire You above all else. Not to permit any distractions to tempt and cause one to falter and perhaps fall by the wayside.

To walk with You Beloved, to make a home in You is to put down roots in You and receive from You all the help required to blossom and be fruitful in all seasons no matter how hostile the surroundings.

Those who belong to You lack no good thing but are filled with joy and peace. I am Your Beloved. Keep me always beside You.

Matthew 11:16-19

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

We live in a perverse world. We live in a world that bends over backwards to call good evil and evil good. All that is pure, good, holy, beautiful, noble, delightful, innocent, awe inspiring, is made to appear twisted and ugly.

You were a Man of contradictions but those were contradictions that the world never understood and still don't understand. Contradictions like the first will be last. The poor are rich. The humble will be exalted. To die in order to live.

You made this same complaint 2000 years ago and the same complaint is relevant today. The world prefers those who are of it; those who embrace its ever changing culture that trumpets today what it decried yesterday.

But there is hope. There is always hope. There will always be the remnant from which a new shoot will spring and hope will rekindle. Count me always Beloved as part of that remnant and grant that all I love and pray for each day be part of it too. Let us always be counted among those that carry Your Light even though it be as a flickering wick, as I am.

I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment