Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Wisdom 2:23---3:9, Psalm 34:2-3, 16-19, Luke 17:7-10

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Whoever loves me will keep my word,
and my Father will love him,
and we will come to him. Jn 14:23


Wisdom 2:23---3:9, Psalm 34:2-3, 16-19, Luke 17:7-10

Wisdom 2:23---3:9

Dear Love, Beloved, of my soul,

We are grateful for this month of November which the Church has dedicated to the Holy Souls in Purgatory, the suffering Church. It is a place where all who have died and are in need of purification before they can come before the Presence of the All-Holy God, go. This is the place that I too shall go before I dare come before You and enter into glory, and the place prepared for me.

The Sacred Word in the Book of Wisdom assures me of this unchanging truth, my soul is imperishable and I am created in the image of God Himself. The envy of the Devil is so terrible that he has done all in his power to ensure that I be separated from You so I will be denied the joys of everlasting life with You, the angels and the saints. 

Purgatory, the place of cleansing like silver in the furnace, and like gold is necessary and we welcome it for we could never be happy in Your Presence knowing that nothing unclean can come before You. Thank You for this opportunity of being cleansed with a holy fire so we are purged of whatever impurity still remains before we can be admitted to heaven to live with You eternally.

We thank You for the wisdom of the Church You founded that consoles us and reminds us that our God is an awesome God and that in the end we will be united with You just as the Father always intended.

Psalm 34:2-3, 16-19

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

My joy is in praising You, blessing You, adoring You, worshiping You, always. My joy is in knowing You are my Beloved, my God, my Friend, my Bridegroom. My soul longs for You. I pine for the time when this life shall cease and the next will begin in union with You eternally. You are God and yet you love me although I am so undeserving of Your love for me, love that took You to the Cross in order that You could taste the death that I will experience and remove from it all trace of bitterness and fear. My physical must perish if I am to live again  in fullness of joy and life with You.

Grant my most Beloved that I may never be separated from You. Stay close to me Lord for You know that I am a poor, weak, sinful creature who could fall at the least temptation for I am a broken reed and a flickering wick and I need You to pick me up and hide me in Your Sacred Heart where no evil will touch me. Keep me safe Beloved from the wiles of the enemy for You know how prone I am to sin.  Keep me aware of my weaknesses so I may cling to You alone always. 

Luke 17:7-10

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today You remind us in no uncertain terms that we ought never to forget who we are, servants of the Most High God. We have been called to labor tirelessly in the vineyard of the Lord. We have each been given a clear mission and we are equipped to carry it out boldly. If we allow ourselves to be crippled with fear then it is because we not only lack love for You but because we lack faith in You who will never ask of us what You Yourself have not done. 

You came into the world to serve although You were the Son of God, You cam as the suffering servant, You who are God from God and Light from Light, true God from true God, God Himself and yet You allowed Yourself to be scorned, spat upon, scourged, tormented, mocked, crowned with thorns, and nailed to the Cross in an execution meant for the dregs of humanity.

So when I am called to serve tireless without complaint in humility and in imitation of You then Beloved, let me do it joyfully for I know that in doing lies my true happiness and satisfaction. In the end Beloved it is true, I am an unprofitable servant and if I have done all You command then I would only have done my duty. This should keep me from being prideful or boastful for were it not for the grace You make available nothing I did would ever have any merit. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment