Monday, November 13, 2017

Wisdom 1:1-7, Psalm 139:1-10, Luke 17:1-6

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Shine like lights in the world,
as you hold on to the word of life. Phil 2:15, 16


Wisdom 1:1-7, Psalm 139:1-10,  Luke 17:1-6

Wisdom 1:1-7

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

We walk with God when walk in His Spirit who guides us through life. The Spirit of God is Truth, Justice, and Mercy and those who seek Wisdom will be given it in full measure. As children of the Father we are called to believe and not put our God to the test for when we do He distances Himself from us. The Spirit of God makes His home in the hearts of those who believe but will flee when our body is enslaved to the desires of the flesh. While the Holy Spirit is kind, gentle, compassionate, and loving God's Holy and pure Spirit will flee the heart that is given over to blasphemy and lies.

Thank You Beloved for the gift of Your Holy Spirit in us who will be our witness when we stand before You as our Judge for He not only fills our life but fills the whole world with His all embracing Presence and knowledge of us. Everyone led by the Spirit of God are children of the Most High.

Psalm 139:1-10

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The Psalmist exults that God knows us so intimately, so wonderful is God's knowledge of me, His constant and watchful care of me is such a comfort. 

I thank You Beloved for the Spirit of God who abides in me and knows my every thought. It is good that I cannot flee from Your loving Presence for if I could hide from You then there is a grave danger that I could be devoured by evil and lost to You forever.

Stay with me Beloved, never let me stray from the path of life and truth for God's Spirit will depart from me if I choose to wallow in sin for He is holy. Stay with Lord all the days of my life and in the end lead me to the place with the Father dwells so I may live with You, the Father, and the Holy Spirit forever.


Luke 17:1-6

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

As we approach the season of Advent we are constantly reminded in the Liturgy that we are called to be holy. We are called to turn away from sin and to walk the narrow path that leads to life. We are called to encourage one another to live holy lives and not tempt those who are weak to sin especially Your little ones. You warn us today that it would be better for us to put a millstone around our neck and be thrown into the sea than to be the cause of leading someone to commit sins that lead to the death of the soul. We live in a world of sin but we ought not to be the ones that sin or tempt others to sin.

We are also called to show mercy. If anyone who sins repents we must forgive and not hold a grudge or withhold forgiveness for in the measure that we forgive will be forgiven as well. The Apostle begged You to increase their faith but You replied that if we had genuine faith even if it were the size of a mustard seed we would witness the power of God if we believed and used it boldly expecting miracles. 

Lord God along with the Apostles I ask that I may use the gift of faith given to me to help me and those who travel with me each day. Amen.



If your brother sins, rebuke him;
and if he repents, forgive him.
And if he wrongs you seven times in one day 
and returns to you seven times saying, 'I am sorry,'
you should forgive him."

And the Apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith."
The Lord replied, "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed,
you would say to this mulberry tree,

'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you."

No comments:

Post a Comment