Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Revelations 7:2-4, 9-14, Psalm 24:1-6, 1 John 3:1-3, Matthew 5:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


FEAST OF ALL SAINTS 


Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
And I will give you rest, says the Lord. Mt. 11:28


Revelations 7:2-4, 9-14, Psalm 24:1-6, 1 John 3:1-3, Matthew 5:1-12

Revelations 7:2-4, 9-14

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Today the Church recalls and honors the Church Triumphant, those who lived and died as children God who strove to be holy and perfect like our Father in Heaven, who believed in You, His only Son, were baptized into Your Body, and were members of the One, Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

In his vision, St. John the evangelist tells us that the number of those in triumphant bliss with God were too numerous to count. Prostrate before the throne of the Living God along with the patriarchs, prophets, the leaders of the twelve tribes of Israel and the twelve apostles as well as all who have gone before us, who lived a life of grace, are together worshiping, praising, adoring joyfully the Author of Life, the Creator of the World, the Eternal Word of the Father and the Holy Spirit of the Father and the Son. 

Special mention is made of those who lay down their lives for You. Who were prepared to suffer death rather deny You who are the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Without You my Beloved, life would lose meaning and purpose for You reveal the Father to us and You raise us up as children of God because we are grafted to You and are members of Your Body. Our destiny is the same as that of those who having believed in You to the end and are now rejoicing in heaven.

Psalm 24:1-6

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The psalmist reminds us that those who are destined to see Your Face and live forever are those with clean hands and pure heart. Who desire not the things that are base, the things that can make of us slaves to the flesh, to the world and consequently to sin.

The world and all that lives belongs to You for to You has been given authority, Lordship, and power to rule. In You Beloved we are called to live, move, and have our being. We thank You for the hope that we have in You. A hope that will be realized once our soul leaves our body. 

We thank You for making possible our glorious destiny in You.

1 John 3:1-3

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

God our Father is love and we know this because You revealed this awesome truth to us. We who were once sinners and separated irrevocably, and forever from God are now reconciled to Him through You and not only that You have taught us to address Him as Father for that is what He is. You are His Son and because we believe and are members of Your Body we are co-heirs with You. Truly, God is our Father, our Abba, who loves us so much that He sent You into the world to redeem us and restore to us what we had lost forever.

To truly be a child of the Father, I must be like Him and this is why I must strive to be pure as He is pure. Perfect as He is perfect. Holy as He is holy. I thank You my Beloved for knowing that this would not be possible on my own and so You gave me the Helper, the Spirit of God, to be my Paraclete, my Guide who will help me along from here to eternity with You.

Matthew 5:1-12

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

If I am to be like You then I must live the Beatitudes in season and out of season. 

If I am to be blessed in this life and the life to come I must live the Beatitudes.

If I am to be a faithful witness to You and to Your life, I must live the Beatitudes.

The Beatitudes are a way to be salt and light in the world.

They tell the world that I am in it but not of it. The Beatitudes are a beacon of light in a world that is growing increasingly dark.

The Beatitudes take the focus away from me to where it ought to be. It keeps my gaze fixed on You so I can learn from You, imitate You, so the world will see You in me and in doing so will come to know and believe in You and be saved.

Grant O Holy Spirit of God that I may strive to live the Beatitudes which are not the value of the world but of of the Kingdom of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment