Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Romans 8:18-25, Psalm 126:1-6, Luke 13:18-21

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth;
you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom.
Mt. 11:25



Romans 8:18-25, Psalm 126:1-6, Luke 13:18-21

Romans 8:18-25

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,


Everyone who is baptized has been baptized into Your Body. We are heirs to the Kingdom of God. We have a glorious destiny. Yes, our mortal body will perish but we have been given an imperishable soul that will live in glorious bliss with God Himself.

This is why we live each day with longing when You will come again and bring to completion our final end as mortal beings and grant us a share in Your glorious Resurrection.

All creation groans under the weight of corruption, all that lives in the world and our flesh must die for the natural end of all that is in the world must come to an end. This is the way God designed it. But death is only a doorway, an entrance to what no eye has seen, no ear has heard. This is our hope; this is why we endure with joy all the suffering, trials, and difficulties come our way, for we know that in the end we will be united with You, with the Father, and with the Holy Spirit along with all who have gone before us. 

Psalm 126:1-6

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You gave us a clue of what it means to be alive when You said, I came into the earth to set it ablaze and how I wish the fire were already kindled. I have a baptism to undergo and how distressed I am until it is accomplished. We too have a mission, a call, a purpose and to this end we live each moment of each day aware that we are called to first be set on fire with the Holy Spirit and then set the world ablaze with the love of God.

Each day brings with it its own set of challenges but we are not fighting alone we have the Holy Spirit within us who empowers us, guides us, helps us, convicts us of wrongdoing, leads us to repentance so we may begin anew. We truly live in a valley of tears but all that we undergo in this life and all the challenges we face in spreading the Kingdom of God will end in rejoicing before the Throne of God where there will be no death, no time, no sorrow only eternal joy in Your Presence. What a glorious destiny awaits those who believe and wait in hope.

Luke 13:18-21

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

You ask the question and You provide the answer. What is the Kingdom of God like? To what can it be compared? The Kingdom of God is in the heart of every baptized Christian and it is their duty, their privilege, their work to ensure that they witness to the Presence of God who is alive. To know You, to love You, to serve You and to make You known and loved is my reason for being alive. I am the mustard seed. I am the yeast. I may be small, I may be insignificant but if I permit the Holy Spirit complete freedom to use me as He desires then I will have done my part and fulfill the purse for which I have been created - which is to make You known and loved among those I encounter every day.

















No comments:

Post a Comment