Saturday, October 28, 2017

Ephesians 2:19-22, Psalm 19:2-5, Luke 6:12-16

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

We praise you, O God,
we acclaim you as Lord;
the glorious company of Apostles praise you.



Feast of the Apostles Simon and Jude

Ephesians 2:19-22, Psalm 19:2-5, Luke 6:12-16

Ephesians 2:19-22

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

I thank You for the awesome privilege of being born into the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church whose cornerstone is You and whose foundation are the Apostles and the prophets. I am not a stranger in the word. I belong to the family of God. You acknowledge me as Your sister and You are my Brother, my Beloved, my Bridegroom, my Friend, my Lord and my God. In You I am alive because I have Your life in the Holy Spirit flowing from the Father and You flowing through me. I am alive in the Holy Spirit only because the Apostles were prepared, in perfect obedience to Your command to spread the Gospel, and who died horrific deaths but were prepared in imitation of You to lay down their lives for Your sake and the sake of the Gospel.

I am now a member of Your Church, which is Your Body. I am the temple where God makes His home. The Kingdom of God is here, in the New Jerusalem where God Himself dwells in the Holy Spirit. I am alive in You Beloved and You keep me alive through the Breath of Your Spirit in me. Thank You.

Psalm 19:2-5

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

The world, all creation, and all that lives, moves, and breathes are witnessing to the the glory of God, to the Creator, to You our Redeemer, and the Holy Spirit who keeps all alive because His live imbues all. All of us are called beginning with Abraham to whom God first revealed Himself in the burning bush, through the prophets, the Apostles whom You called by name and whom You sent to preach the Good News to the ends of the earth, and to each of the baptized who receive the same mission and carry it out. The message continues to ring out unceasingly until You come again in glory when all who are to be saved will be saved which is everyone who hears and hearing believes.

Luke 6:12-16

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Prayer, intimate union with Your Father, was more necessary to You than food and drink. One with the Father You were strengthened once again, energized, filled with the power of the Holy Spirit, to begin anew. You were able to put aside all Your disappointments, the rejection, the hypocrisies of those with vested interests, the miseries of the people who pressed around You making demands from You wherever You went. They clamored for healing, miracles, signs. They hungered for the Word You preached which gave their lives hope and new meaning. By the end of each day You were exhausted emotionally, physically, mentally and You trudged up wearily to the mountain and lay You lay Your weary heard, aching heart, and bruised Spirit in the arms of Your Father. 

After one such night spent in prayer You come down the mountain to choose the twelve Apostles, eleven of which and later on Mathias and Paul who would become the foundation on which You would build Your Church. 

I too am called Beloved. May I do my part too to strengthen the foundation in my own small way. May I, with Your help and Your Spirit, never fail You.

No comments:

Post a Comment