Friday, September 29, 2017

Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14, Psalm 138:1-5, John 1:47-51

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Bless the LORD, all you angels,
you ministers, who do his will. Ps. 103:21



Feast of the Archangels Michael, Raphael, & Gabriel


Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14, Psalm 138:1-5, John 1:47-51


Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

All that I have experienced of You and all that faith teaches me assures me that I have put my faith, hope, and love in the all power, almighty, invincible, ever living Lord God of hosts. To You is due all praise, glory, worship, adoration, and thanksgiving this is why our whole lives must be a celebration of You our awesome God.

Thrones, dominions, angels, Archangels, all creation, and all Your creatures live to praise You, honor You, and serve You. In this O Lord, is our own joy, delight, gladness, and purpose for being.

To You Son of God and Son of Man the Father has given all authority, glory, power, and Kingship. You are appointed to rule all that is in heaven, on earth, and under the earth. Your Archangels serve You and do Your bidding. They are Yours to command and You send them to minister to a sad and fallen world. They do battle for us at Your command and in the end the victory is Yours. You plant Your foot on the seas, and You ride the storms of our lives and at Your command, "Hush, be still." The peace that You came to give the world will descend on us all will bow down joyfully as we receive Your yoke, and are led and protected by Your rod and staff.

Psalm 138:1-5

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Grant O Lord that I am counted among those who in the sight of Your angels and sights sing Your praises joining our voices to theirs as we exult in Your goodness, and Your love.

When I, together with all Your people come together to offer You worship in the Liturgy grant O Lord to cause the heavens to open and flood us with Your grace to enable us be in the world yet not part of it.

Thank You for choosing me to be born Catholic with all the privileges that come with being grafted to Your Body, and to partake at every Holy Eucharist of the Bread of Angels.  Thank You for hastening to my side even before the cry for help escaped from my lips. Thank for hearing my sighs and for ministering to me and wiping away my tears. Thank You for granting me Your strength when I had none of my own. Thank You for always building me up no matter how foolish, or sinful I have been.

I long for the day Beloved when all the rulers, powers, and authorities on earth, in all the world will bend the knee to You, and acclaim You as our Ruler, our Lord, and our King. And at Your Name every tongue will confess that You are Lord to the glory of the Father and the Holy Spirit forever.


John 1:47-51

Dear Love, Beloved of my soul,

Nathanael had no hesitation in declaring You the Son of God and King of Israel after his first encounter with You. What prompted him Beloved, to believe what the others struggled to understand, even Peter who made his famous declaration about You only after it was Father revealed to him by the Father?

Perhaps Nathanael knew himself. He knew his faith. He was convinced of his beliefs, and he lived out that faith visibly. He
was a man of God and a man for others and You recognized him as one who was after the heart of God and You applauded him. But You promised Nathanael that he would soon come to truly believe that You were truly whom he had just confessed you to be based on so much more that just Your personal knowledge of himself. He would become a powerful witness after he walked in intimacy with You for three years and truly came into that knowledge which first made him declare, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel."

You too assured him that he would see Your glory as he say the heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on You the Son of Man and the Son of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment