Friday, June 23, 2017

Deuteronomy 7:6-11, Psalm 103:1-4, 6-7, 8, 10, 1 John 4:7-16, Matthew 11:25-30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


SOLEMNITY OF THE MOST SACRED HEART OF JESUS

Take my yoke upon you, says the Lord;
and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart. Mt 11:29


Deuteronomy 7:6-11, Psalm 103:1-4, 6-7, 8, 10, 1 John 4:7-16, Matthew 11:25-30


Deuteronomy 7:6-11

Dear Love, beloved Bridegroom of my soul,

Today the words of God that Moses spoke to the people of God You speak to me today even as You speak to every baptized Christian and especially every Catholic, as we celebrate the feast of Your Most Sacred Heart. 

I am sacred to God, I have been chosen from all all the nations on the face of the earth to be singularly Your Own. Not for any merit I possess but precisely because I have none. I am truly the least in every respect I know it and You too most certainly do. No. You chose me simply because You love me. There is no other reason than this. You are kind, tenderhearted, merciful, full of compassion and infinite love. Your loving hand of benediction is sworn not only to me but to my descendants to the thousandth generation.

Bless all who bless me Beloved, and bless in double measure all those who curse me or work against me and mine. Amen.


Psalm 103:1-4, 6-7, 8, 10

Dear Love, beloved Bridegroom of my soul,

Today, once again I recall Your many kindnesses to me and Mine and I pledge to bless you and Your Holy Name all the days of my life. I will continually give You praise, glory, and honor each time an opportunity to do so presents itself either privately or in public. Thank You for not looking at my sins, my weaknesses, my errors in judgement but for loving me precisely because I am so helpless. Thank You for healing me in heart, mind, body, soul, and spirit. Thank You for redeeming me and for the place You have preserved for me alone in that Sacred Space in Your Heart. Thank You for new beginnings that are possible with You for You never tire of making of me a new creation and giving me new life no matter how many times I fall and no matter how low I have sunk. Thank You!

1 John 4:7-16

Dear Love, beloved Bridegroom of my soul,

Today the disciple of love sheds light about the God of Love whose nature is love. We are begotten by the love of God and so I nature too must be that of love. God sent You into the world because He loves us and the love of the Father would not permit His children to be destroyed forever. You came to give us Your life in the Holy Spirit. We now have Your life coursing in us. This is love, the disciple reminds us, not that we love You but that You have loved us first and You lay down Your life for us to make atonement to the Father for our sins, our transgressions, taking upon Yourself our punishment. The only way to repay such love is that we love each other because it is only in loving one another that Your love is made perfect in us.

Do  I need proof of God's love? It is already been given to me because You have given me Your Spirit. I testify that You are indeed the Son of the Living God  and I believe that God remains in me and I remain in Him because I know and believe in the love that the Father has for me.

Matthew 11:25-30

Dear Love, beloved Bridegroom of my soul,

Thank You for including me among Your little ones, thank You for revealing eternal truths to me - truths that are impossible for those who are haughty to understand.

Thank You for Your invitation to me this day, an invitation that has been made to me over and over again. I accept it Lord and I come to You. I lay my burdens upon You and I will find rest in You now and always.

"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves. 
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."




No comments:

Post a Comment