Saturday, June 17, 2017

2 Corinthians 5:14-21, Psalm 103:1-4, 9-12, Matthew 5:33-37

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Incline my heart, O God, to your decrees;
and favor me with your law. Psalm 119:36, 29


2 Corinthians 5:14-21, Psalm 103:1-4, 9-12, Matthew 5:33-37


2 Corinthians 5:14-21

Dear Love,

Once we come to the knowledge of the truth then we can no longer live in the flesh for we become a new creation. Having died for us we are now raised into the new life that You have obtained for us. We have to put to death the works of the flesh if we are to truly live as children of God and as children of the Light.

You have reconciled us to the Father. You have forgiven all our sins and to us You have entrusted the message that brings life and light to all who believe. This is our mission to know You and to make You known. You tasted our death in order that we may come to the knowledge of Truth that sets us free.

Psalm 103:1-4, 9-12

Dear Love,

Thank You for all Your loving promises to me this day. 

The Lord is kind and merciful.
Bless the LORD, O my soul;
and all my being, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits.

He pardons all your iniquities,
he heals all your ills.
He redeems your life from destruction,
he crowns you with kindness and compassion.

He will not always chide,
nor does he keep his wrath forever.
Not according to our sins does he deal with us,
nor does he requite us according to our crimes. 

For as the heavens are high above the earth,
so surpassing is his kindness toward those who fear him.
As far as the east is from the west,
so far has he put our transgressions from us.



Matthew 5:33-37

Dear Love,

Today You remind us to be like children humble and without guile. We have to know that we are Your creatures and all that is good in us comes from You. Of ourselves we are nothing but You have deigned to raise us up according to the will of Your Father.

Today, You ask me to live a life of sincerity and truth. I am who I am because You are who You are and without You I am nothing. As long as I live in the world I am called to walk in the light that You have revealed for as long as I live no matter what it may cost me. I am a child of God. I am an heir and all that I receive comes from You and You alone. Of myself I am nothing but with You I am everything that You are for I live in You and Your Breath is in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment