Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Jonah 3:1-10, Psalm 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19, Luke 11:29-32

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart
for I am gracious and merciful. Jl 2:12-13



Jonah 3:1-10, Psalm 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19, Luke 11:29-32 

Jonah 3:1-10

My soul's beloved, we are all invited to recognize who we are before God and in humility to strike our breast and admit that we are sinners in need of forgiveness and mercy. During this season of Lent the Church invites us to examine our lives and to desire with Your help to root out all those weaknesses that slow us down. My greatest weakness is self indulgence Lord. I need Your grace, Your help, Your strength and Your Spirit if I am to overcome and be victorious.

Psalm 51:3-4, 12-13, 18-19

My soul's beloved, I acknowledge that without Your help I can do nothing that is even remotely pleasing to You. I acknowledge my sins, I acknowledge I am weak, I acknowledge that I need Your forgiveness, mercy, and pardon. I am sorry help me to overcome those areas in my life that notoriously bring me down and I am unable to help myself. Hasten to help me. Hear the sound of my pleading. My time on earth is but a blink of an eye but it seems so long, and tedious, and difficult to exercise discipline and self-control. Yet I know that if I am not vigilant I can so easily sink into the miry depths of sin and be lost forever. Help me Lord! Take me by the hand and do not let go for if You do I shall die.

Luke 11:29-32

My soul's beloved, You give me opportunity after opportunity, sign after sign, because You are loving and gracious but I am hard of heart. I live on the surface of my emotions and I find it difficult to give up, to sacrifice, to discipline my flesh. It is so much easier to give in and I do often without even putting up the semblance of a fight. I have no excuse Lord for  You are so overwhelmingly generous in Your favor toward me. Help me Lord if You don't I will surely perish for I am unable to help myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment