Sunday, February 19, 2017

Leviticus 18:1-2, 17-18, Psalm 103:1-4, 8, 10, 12-13, 1 Corinthians 3:16-23, Matthew 5:38-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Whoever keeps the word of Christ,
the love of God is truly perfected in him. 1Jn 2:5




Leviticus 18:1-2, 17-18,  Psalm 103:1-4, 8, 10, 12-13, 1 Corinthians 3:16-23, 
Matthew 5:38-48


Leviticus 18:1-2, 17-18

My soul's beloved, today you ask me to be holy. It is not a recommendation, it is a not a suggestion, it is a command. I must be holy because I am created in the image and likeness of God who is holy.  I am called to love not hate or dislike my brothers or sisters for we all have the same Father, the same Creator, the same Redeemer, and the same Sanctifier. I am called to bear no ill will against anyone, bear no grudge, and exact no revenge for God says, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay." and there is not more just Judge than You my Lord and my God. If I am called to rightly draw the attention of another I must do so with love and mercy condemning no one for God condemns no one. I love my neighbor because God commands us and that is reason sufficient for me to do as He commands.

Psalm 103:1-4, 8, 10, 12-13

My soul's beloved, my most beloved Jesus, the psalmist reminds me to bless the Lord my God for all He has done for me. For saving me. For forgiving all my sins, my wicked, willful, wayward past. For healing me in heart, mind, body and spirit. For saving from eternal damnation and for dealing with me with kindness and compassion even though I did not deserve it. 

My Lord and my God, You are truly kind, gracious and merciful were You not You would have annihilated me in Your anger and I would have been lost forever. My sins have been many and often grave but You led me slowly, gently and firmly on the path that leads to life rather than judging me and punishing me as I deserved. Now, that You have saved me You have forgotten my transgressions although I have not, I know how wicked I can be if You did not provide the grace I need and how grateful I need to be that You hold me in Your Heart. Thank You loving Jesus for all You have done for me and for keeping me safe in Your love.

1 Corinthians 3:16-23

My soul's beloved, once again You remind me that I am the temple of the Holy Spirit and no one can dare destroy me because God dwells in me and I am holy. The wisdom of God is all I need to be wise in the ways that leads to life. The wisdom of the world is foolishness in the sight of God because it does not lead to God and anything that does not lead us to the Kingdom of the Father can only lead us to damnation. Today You assure me that the God of love created all things for me and that everything belongs to me and I belong to You who belong to God. I am Yours because I am grafted to You through baptism. 

Matthew 5:38-48

My soul's beloved, the holy season of Lent will commence shortly; before it does Your Word reminds me of who I am and what is required of me because I am who I am - a child of God destined for heaven. The world has a different set of principles which we must shun - the way of God is the way of life the way of the world leads to death. I am called to do more than the minimum. A child of God does not just fulfill the minimum requirement but goes above and beyond the call of duty. Love does not measure or weigh it goes all out without costing the cost, without weighing the pros and cons. I am called to use God's wisdom in dealing with human relationships. In the first reading I am called to be holy as God our Father is holy and the Gospel of the day concludes with calling me to be perfect as God our Father is perfect. For this I need Your help and Your grace and You supply both richly through the Sacraments You have instituted. Thank You Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment