Saturday, February 4, 2017

Hebrews 13:15-17, 20-21, Psalm 23:id1-6, Mark 6:30-34

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

My sheep hear my voice, says the Lord;
I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27

Hebrews 13:15-17, 20-21, Psalm 23:1-6, Mark 6:30-34

Hebrews 13:15-17, 20-21

My soul's beloved, to You has been given the Name that is every other and it pleases the Father when we praise You and praise God for all that He has accomplished for us through You. When we acknowledge to the Father that we are saved through Your Sacrifice and we are truly grateful that He has loved us to wonderfully and generously that He did not hold back His only Son from paying the price for our disobedience and iniquity, we can be sure that He will accept our thanksgiving and our praises which overflow from grateful hearts.

Lord, it is so easy to criticize those in authority over us, even elected leaders it does not good but causes division, disunity, and hate and evil has a field day when the world is divided. We only make their task more difficult when we offer nothing but resistance instead of cooperation in helping them fulfill the work that they have been appointed to do. We must help them with our prayers as well for they need our prayer support as well. Your Blood is sets us free from dominion by the powers of darkness and we are made children of the Light, of Truth and of Love. Grant us the grace to seek to do Your will in all things for in this alone is true joy and peace. May we never cease to praise You in this life so we can join in the eternal hymn of praise in heaven.

Psalm 23:1-6

My soul's beloved, I thank You for the comfort that this psalm always brings. It soothes my soul to know that I can trust You to care for all my needs both spiritual and temporal. It is You that leads me, guides me, takes me where I ought to go, nourishes me, feeds me, slakes my thirsts, and watches constantly over me lest I stray and get lost. I am truly grateful for Your loving concern for me and for all those who belong to Your fold. Thank You for grace that enables us to hear Your voice in the Church, in prayer, through our pastors and good friends. Thank You for staying by us when the road gets rough, narrow, and dark. Thank You for being our light in the dark places. Thank You for Your hand in ours and for the comfort of Your Presence. Thank You for all the help You provide and for giving us a seat at the table. Thank You for anointing us with the oil of gladness and the Holy Spirit. Thank You for our eternal destiny and the promise that we will never be separated from You.

Mark 6:30-34

My soul's beloved, it is important to get away from the busyness of life and spend time alone with You so we can get a perspective on what is truly important, the things that matter. It is good to be of service, and to out there doing the work that needs to be done but we are not to remain behind for the praise, or accolades. We need to be replenished, we need to understand that all we do is because You make it possible. Yours the gift, Yours the grace, Yours the command to us to go out into the world and do what You ask of us. We are only instruments. We need to be humble if we are to be effective. We need to give glory where glory is due - which is to You alone. But even during these times of retreat away from the world, we need to be generous just as You were. You did not drive the people who followed You and the Apostles but Your heart, moved with compassion, ministered to them. 

With the help of Your Holy Spirit teach me to have a proper balance in all things and to trust You always to help me to discern what You desire of me always. Keep me open, little, humble, and available always.


No comments:

Post a Comment