Thursday, February 16, 2017

Genesis 9:1-13, Psalm 102:16-21, 29, 22-23, Mark 8:27-33

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life;
you have the words of everlasting life. Jn 6:63, 68

Genesis 9:1-13, Psalm 102:16-21, 29, 22-23, Mark 8:27-33


Genesis 9:1-13

My soul's beloved, You remind me today that I am responsible for my brothers and sisters and that You have made a covenant with me and my descendants after me. You have created us in Your image and we are called to reflect God in everything.

You have given us many signs that enable us to recall that You have made an everlasting covenant with us, one You will never forget. Keep these signs ever before me so that I may be able to recall how exceedingly gracious You have always been to me.

Psalm 102:16-21, 29, 22-23

My soul's beloved, I take You at Your Word, which is eternal, and irrevocable. You have made it possible for us to come into Your holy Presence when You permitted Your flesh to be torn from Your Body and You made Your Sacred Heart accessible to us. Here we can make our refuge and home if we so desire. You refuse entry to no one. I come O Lord along with those I love, those who need Your help, and we ask beloved, that You hear our prayers. We have no one but You awesome God, and having You we have all things. You will no despise us who are needy and have recourse to You and Your power.

You will hear us. You will stoop down from the heavens, the place where You dwell and hear our cries and our mourning and You will heal, restore, and save us. I believe, I hope, and I trust in You my Lord and my God.

Mark 8:27-33

My soul's beloved, today You say to me, "---- Mine, who do you say that I am?" and with Peter I confess to the whole world, I shout it from the rooftops, and I proclaim with my whole being that You are the Christ. The Son of the Living God. My Savior, Redeemer, my hope, my joy and my all.

Words are not enough to express my gratitude for what You have done for me. Grant me a grateful heart and may I never for an instant doubt Your unfathomable and infinite love for me a miserable and unworthy sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment