Monday, February 13, 2017

Genesis 4:1-15, 25, Psalm 50:1, 8, 16-17, 20-21, Mark 8:11-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


I am the way and the truth and the life, says the Lord;
no one comes to the Father except through me. Jn 14:16



Genesis 4:1-15, 25, Psalm 50:1, 8, 16-17, 20-21, Mark 8:11-13

Genesis 4:1-15, 25

My soul's beloved, we are born because we have been granted the privilege of collaborating with You in bring forth new life. Each of us is given our work ordained by God and we are called to do it to the best of our ability giving thanks to Him for His bounty and goodness. Because of the sin of Adam and Eve we too are prone to sin and evil is constantly prowling at the door waiting for a foothold so it can come in and pillage, kill, and destroy. You warn us to be always on guard if not we can sin as grievously as Cain did despite God's warning.

My soul's beloved, Cain spilled Abel's blood on the soil which cried out to God for vengeance and instead of being penitent Adam tries to bluster his way out and denies wrongdoing. But our sins are not hidden from Your sight and God punished him severely so that he could not longer work the land on which he had spilled his brother's blood. But God is ever merciful. He put a mark on Cain that keeps him from being destroyed we receive a mark on our soul when we are baptized and we are claimed for God purchased at the price of the Blood of the Lamb that was spilled on the earth and removed the curse that it had received when Cain murdered his brother Abel. Thank You for the new life that we receive through the New Covenant of love that God has made with us in You.

Psalm 50:1, 8, 16-17, 20-21

My soul's beloved, sin is the legacy left to us by Adam and Eve. Death is our inheritance because of their disobedience. We are inherently sinners and we constantly err from God's ways and the path that leads to life. You tell us clearly that You do not desire the sacrifices that come from the hearts and hands of unrepentant sinners. You do not desire that we mouth Scripture while our hearts are far from You. Discipline is required if we are to be true disciples and obedience to Your Word brings life. You cannot bear us to gossip, spread tales about our brothers and sisters and generally drag them down instead of lifting them up. When we indulge in such sins You assure us that You will not hesitate in punishing us - through chastisement we are made pure. 

Mark 8:11-13

My most beloved Jesus, do I weary You too when I constantly demand that You mollycoddle me instead of me being a mature Christian and putting aside childish ways of thinking and acting? You have revealed all that is necessary for my salvation. You have given me the Sacraments so that I may be nourished daily by it and receive grace upon grace so I can live in the light of truth and choose to walk on the path that leads to life. Do not leave me, do not let me stray from You. Keep me close to You always or I will be lost forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment