Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Genesis 2:4b-9, 15-17, Psalm 104:1-2, 27-30, Mark 7:14-23

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Your word, O Lord, is truth:
consecrate us in the truth. Jn 17:17


Genesis 2:4b-9, 15-17, Psalm 104:1-2, 27-30, Mark 7:14-23


Genesis 2:4b-9, 15-17

My soul's beloved, the Lord, God, Creator, and Father of us all made the heavens, the earth, the universe, the stars,the planets and all the galaxies. He created us men and women and in His unbounded love gave us the power to collaborate with Him in bringing forth new life into the world through union in love between man and woman. How good, how gracious, how unbelievably splendid is the love of God for us. He gave us all we could ever need or desire. We were complete, fulfilled, satisfied for He held nothing back. All the beauty, splendor, and the bounty of creation was given to us to enjoy only one thing He commanded, not to eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. 

God created us for love, for joy, for union with Him and with each other. This is how we too must love as He loves, giving all just as He did. Thank You Father for creating me, for breathing the breath of life into me, the Holy Spirit and for redeeming me by the Blood of the Lamb. 

Psalm 104:1-2, 27-30

My soul's beloved, how good it is to know You, to love You, to serve You to be sustained by Your Flesh and Your Blood. How good it is to know divine intimacy and how good it is to know that it is You desire to be one with me although I am a sinner. Like the lepers I too cry out unclean, unclean and I come to You and say, Lord if You so desire, You can cleanse and heal me and You respond, of course I do want want to, be healed, be whole, be clean and at Your word I am made a new creation once again.

Your breath which is the Breath of the Holy Spirit sustains me and keeps me alive. In time the day shall arrive when You will take away Your Breath and I shall die but I will not perish for I have Your Word that I shall live forever with You in eternity.

Thank You for filling my life with every good gift - the gift of family, and friends. The gift of good health and of my senses through which I can experience Your goodness. You are God, the almighty and yet You stoop low over me and care for me and love me as tenderly as a lover loves his beloved. I adore You Jesus my Lord. Keep me always in Your love.


Mark 7:14-23

My soul's beloved, once again You speak clearly and succinctly. We allow foolishness to take center stage and we permit it to become the cause for division as we teach man made rules as doctrine. Even to this day people are divided, scorned, and considered unclean by what they eat. Yet it is possible that the very same people who condemn those who are different are themselves evil. They are prepared to murder, kill, torture, dismember, and cause wars because they perceive that their rules take precedence over divine law. 

Your explanation is simple and clear nothing we eat has the power to defile us; it is what we are in the inside that can spew out and contaminate everything in sight. You name each of the sins that we are all guilty of,

"But what comes out of the man, that is what defiles him.
From within the man, from his heart,
come evil thoughts, unchastity, theft, murder,
adultery, greed, malice, deceit,
licentiousness, envy, blasphemy, arrogance, folly.
All these evils come from within and they defile."


Thank You my soul's beloved for enlightening us this day on what truly defiles us. Help us to ensure that we are clean inside and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment