Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Genesis 1:20----2:4a, Psalm 8:4-9, Mark 7:1-13

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Incline my heart, O God, to your decrees;
and favor me with your law. Ps 119:36, 29b



Genesis 1:20----2:4a, Psalm 8:4-9, Mark 7:1-13


Genesis 1:20----2:4a

My soul's beloved, God created the world and all that is in it and then He created us and put us in charge of His beautiful, wonderful creation. He created everything for us for our enjoyment, to make us happy, to overflow with joy and praise for Him, the Creator who desires only to love and to give. We are the only creatures that were made in the image and like of God. We were given reason, and precious gift of freedom of choice. You created us in love and You desired that we freely choose to love You who are worthy of our love. 

We were given dominion over the world and all its creatures. We were to rule the earth, fill it with children and teach them to know, love, praise and honor God and then He gave us a day of rest. He knew we would need one day out of the seven for refreshment, relaxation, silence, so we could be replenished in mind, soul, and body. One day to savor His goodness and overflow in praise and thanksgiving as we worship Him who loved us so much.

Thank You beloved, for creating me, for giving me freedom, and for times of rest in You without which I would be too weary to enjoy Your manifold gifts to me.

Psalm 8:4-9

My soul's beloved, may I never for an instant forget how much You have done for me. You are an awesome God and You have loved me more than I shall ever deserve. Thank You for the gift of life, for all the people in my life that give it meaning and purpose. Thank you for the work allotted to me and for granting me the strength and the ability to do it. Thank You for the eternal destiny that is mine and which I shall possess with Your help and the help of Your Spirit.

Mark 7:1-13

My soul's beloved, how like the Pharisees and scribes I can be sometime. Nit picking, finding fault, critical of insignificant things while I have so may faults and failings that are truly to be condemned and overcome. I sometimes get so irritable at people's habits which seem to grate on my skin and I need to keep my feelings in check lest I blurt out something cruel and nasty while my whole being is like a bubbling cauldron of mean thoughts. But I have real faults that need to be checked and overcome but which I take lightly. It is not enough for me to appear to be all sweetness and light I must truly be sweetness and light. Help me Lord to be all that You desire me to be and teach me to show real compassion and mercy to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment