Sunday, January 22, 2017

Isaiah 8:23---9:3, Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14, 1 Corinthians 1:10-13, 17, Matthew 4:12-23

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Jesus proclaimed the Gospel of the kingdom
and cured every disease among the people. Mt 4:23


Isaiah 8:23---9:3, Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14, 1 Corinthians 1:10-13, 17, 
Matthew 4:12-23

Isaiah 8:23---9:3

My soul's beloved, we who are redeemed by You now walk in the light of truth. Saved by Your passion, death, and glorious resurrection we are now and Easter people and our song is Alleluia! For You, our God, have rescued us from the clutches of the Enemy and have claimed us for yourself. No longer do we belong to the night. No longer are we oppressed by our sins for your have forgiven us, redeemed us, and have made us co-heirs with You to the Kingdom. We have a place at the table where You feed us with Yourself. No longer are we orphans but children of the Most High God. This You have done for us and I rejoice. 

Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14

My soul's beloved, thank You for changing my mourning to dancing and my lamentation to songs of gladness. What need have I to be afraid when You, my God are with me. Emmanuel. You are my hiding place I nestle in Your bosom. You are my peace, my rest, my joy. You have prepared a place for me in Your Father's house. You invite me to call Him Father too for this is what I am. I have been created by Him, redeemed by You and Your Holy Spirit sanctifies me. I have a glorious destiny and while I continue my pilgrim journey here on earth I am granted the privilege of gazing at You in the Adoration Chapel and worshipping You. I receive the Bread of Angels in the Holy Eucharist and You nourish me with Yourself. What more could I desire when God Himself pours His love into my heart and whose life has been given to me so I may walk with the faith that comes from the assurance that I am a child of God.

1 Corinthians 1:10-13, 17

My soul's beloved, there is only one truth, the truth, that we are all saved by You. Without You the gates of heaven which were shut would have remained so eternally. But God so loved us, His pitiful, sinful, creatures, and loved us so completely that He sent You His only Son, to become the means of our salvation. You became sin. You tasted death. You took upon Yourself our infirmities, in order that we may receive healing, wholeness and Your fullness. You gave us life and took upon Yourself the death that was ours. You paid the price for our salvation and there is salvation in no other but in You. This is the Good News may I do my part in making it known so that all may hear, believe, and be saved.

Matthew 4:12-23

My soul's beloved, the world that was plunged in darkness has not received the light of salvation. We are children of the light and the darkness will never overcome it again. You established the Church when You called the twelve. Follow Me, You said to them and they left everything behind, all that they knew, all that was familiar, secure, comfortable to go with You. They had to get up and go. All of us are called but we are afraid to trust You and so we do not rise to the challenge and follow You. The Apostles did and You Yourself taught them. You revealed the secrets of the Kingdom. To them was given the privilege to spend three years with You in close friendship. Their lives were transformed forever because they responded to You invitation. My life too can be totally transformed if I am willing to give up all that is safe, familiar, and secure and throw my life into Your hands with abandon trusting that with Your help I too can do all that You did and even greater things just as You promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment