Thursday, January 12, 2017

Hebrews 3:7-14, Psalm 95:6-11, Mark 1:40-45

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Jesus preached the Gospel of the Kingdom
and cured every disease among the people. Mt. 4:23


Hebrews 3:7-14, Psalm 95:6-11, Mark 1:40-45


Hebrews 3:7-14

My soul's beloved, today You encourage me to be faithful and not to be taken up or to given into the deceit of lies. Not to grow hardened by sin. Habitual sin deadens the soul and kills the life of grace that is freely given to us. Keep me close to You and grant that I may only keep company with those who will help and encourage me on this pilgrim journey from life to eternity. You have purchased my soul at too great a price for it to be lost in the end. I will trust You to stay with me as You have promised.

Psalm 95:6-11

My soul's beloved, grant that I may never forget that You are God and my Creator who made me for a glorious purpose. I belong to You, I am Your sheep and I belong to Your flock whom You guide each day. Help me never to grow hard of heart through sin. Keep me ever attuned to the voice of Your Holy Spirit and do not test be beyond my strength to endure. Keep me faithful to the end never to be parted from You at last.

Mark 1:40-45

My soul's beloved, no matter how gravely I may sin grant that I may always return to You confident that in You I will always find pity, compassion, and tender mercy. You will grant me all my heart's desires. You will forgive me, wash me, cleanse me, and make me whole again. You will restore all that I had so wantonly lost through dissipation and weakness and You will counsel me and help me to walk once again in the light of Your Presence. Thank You for the Church, for its ministers, and for the sacraments of the Eucharist and Reconciliation. Thank You for always desiring to heal me when I cry out to You for help. Like the leper grant me a passionate desire to tell everyone all that You have done for me and how You healed, saved and restored me and of the glorious destiny that awaits me because You love me and have claimed me for Yourself so others too may come to You and experience the same healing power of Your touch and be filled with Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment