Friday, November 18, 2016

Revelations 10:8-11, Psalm 119:14, 24, 72, 111 & 131, Luke 19:45-48

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

My sheep hear my voice, says the Lord;
I know them, and they follow me.  Jn 10:27


Revelations 10:8-11, Psalm 119:14, 24, 72, 111 & 131, Luke 19:45-48


Revelations 10:8-11

My soul's beloved, just as John received his mission from You so too are we all given the same mission, which is to preach the Good News of our salvation and establish the Kingdom of God on earth. You Word is sweeter than honey but if we are to be faithful to Your Word we must be prepared to be treated just as You were to be rejected, persecuted and perhaps even lose the people and things we care about most in the world perhaps even to the shedding of our blood. But we do have Your wonderful assurance that all will hear and will will be given an opportunity to choose life over death when the choose to put their faith, hope, and trust in You.

Psalm 119:14, 24, 72, 111 & 131

My soul's beloved, all who believe in You taste the fullness of life and experience the richness of Your Word as they live it each day. We can trust You to keep Your promises and we know that our hope to have a share in Your inheritance will be fulfilled for Your Word is true. Eternal life and perfect joy will be ours as we live in expectant hope for the fulfillment of Your promises in the life to come. 

Luke 19:45-48

My soul's beloved, Your temple within me must be a fit dwelling place for You my Lord. Drive out from within me all that is base, impure and unworthy of one who is espoused to You. Each day You teach me Your Word of Life and Truth so I am not walk in darkness but in Your light. There is a constant war within me to give in to the temptation of the flesh, the world and the devil but I know that I have also received Your Holy Spirit who will help me fight the good fight and win the race. Sweet Spirit of God give me a great hunger and thirst for the Word. Let it be the food and drink that strengthens and empowers me as I live out my life in fear and trembling. May I be filled with awe at the eternal destiny that God desires for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment