Monday, August 8, 2016

Ezekiel 1:2-4, 24-28, Psalm 148:1-2, 11-14, Matthew 17:22-27

 
DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
 
God has called you through the Gospel
to possess the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2Th 2:14
 
 
Ezekiel 1:2-4, 24-28, Psalm 148:1-2, 11-14, Matthew 17:22-27
 
 
 
Ezekiel 1:2-4, 24-28
 
My soul's beloved, from all eternity You are God. Even when You became incarnate of the Virgin Mary You never ceased being God, the Son of the Most High, consubstantial with Him - God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God. One with the Father and the Holy Spirit. You are God who is, who was and ever shall be. This is the God who took on the likeness of Man to walk among us, becoming the Son of Man, the Son of Mary, to reveal the Face of the Father, to reveal His Nature, and to fulfill the Covenant He made with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses. You came into the world to restore what we had lost. You left Your glory behind for a while, in order to become one like us in all things save sin. You tasted death in order that we might receive eternal life and eternal joy. You have given us a share in Your inheritance. You desire nothing more passionately than to reveal to sinners the depths of the Father's love and His eagerness to forgive our sins, our transgressions, and to show His mercy and tender compassion. 
 
I do not deserve Your love my soul's beloved but I ask that You grant me this grace - to keep me close to You and to help me for I am unable to help myself. 
 
Psalm 148:1-2, 11-14
 
My soul's beloved, it is the will of the Father that all things be reconciled to Him through You. This You have accomplished through Your incarnation, passion, and the scandal of the crucifixion. To You has been given the Name above every other. At the utterance of Your Name every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess to the glory of the Father that You are Lord. All rulers, kings, principalities above and below and in the netherworld has offer You the homage that is Yours. Yours rule and Your Kingdom will never end. In You the Father is constantly reconciling all things to Himself. And in the end You will come again in glory to restore the Kingdom of God and You will take Your place at the Father's right hand there to reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, One God, forever and ever. You have prepared a place for Me in Your Kingdom so that where You are I too may be. Keep me safe in Your Name my soul's  beloved for without You I can do nothing.
 
Matthew 17:22-27
 
"...... go to the sea, drop in a hook,
and take the first fish that comes up.
Open its mouth and you will find a coin worth twice the temple tax.
Give that to them for me and for you.”
 
The whole world and all in it belongs to You. All things are subject to Your will. Nature acknowledges Your Lordship and rule. We like Peter are not foreigners but citizens - we are citizen of the eternal Kingdom where You are the Light that shines brighter than a thousand suns and sheds light and radiance in heaven. On earth we are but pilgrims, although in the world we are not of it. We have no lasting place here. Keep us faithful. Keep  our feet on the Way that Leads to Life, Fill our mouth with the Bread of Angels and refresh and strengthen us so we do not fall by the wayside.
 
You spoke to Your disciples clearly of who You are and why You came into the world. Your came in order to lay down Your life for those who are Your one. Thank You for saving Me. Thank You for calling me by my name and claiming me for yourself even though I am nothing and less than nothing - a sinner who is constantly giving way to temptation, Forgive me  my soul's beloved and carry me from this life to the next lest I am lost forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment