Wednesday, August 10, 2016

2 Corinthians 9:6-10, Psalm 112:1-2. 5-9, John 12:24-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
 
Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness
but will have the light of life, says the Lord. Jn 8:12
 
2 Corinthians 9:6-10, Psalm 112:1-2. 5-9, John 12:24-26
 
2 Corinthians 9:6-10
 
My soul's beloved, my heart's delight, the joy of my poor sinful being, I exult in your Word today. None can outdo You in love and generosity and when You give You give beyond limit and beyond measure. You desire that we who love You, who desire to imitate You can do no less. Your love is of the kind that seeks nothing for itself but selflessly and generously without counting the cost gives all even to death. No greater love is there than this, that you are willing to lay down your life so another can live. This is what You taught and this is what You did.
 
There is nothing mean spirited about the God of Love and You desire nothing less from us who say we love You. Give little and you will receive little. Give much you will receive much, give all and you will receive all. This is the Kingdom principle. Count it all joy You have said especially when we are persecuted, misunderstood, rejected, denied, imprisoned, chained, scourged, and killed for the sake of the Gospel and accept it all without sadness without feeling put upon or coerced but give as gladly and willingly as we have been given by a God who can never be outdone either in love or in generosity.
 
You do make every grace available to me in abundance and if I sin despite all the help You provide each day then it only proves what a poor, weak, frail , weak-willed creature I am and I need You to carry me. I do want to do the good You desire me to do each day but fail miserably despite the grace granted to me each day. But I know that I can count on You to help me with the power of Your Holy Spirit to do all You desire of me and it will be with Your strength, Your grace and Your power that will enable me through the glorious reception of the Holy Eucharist each day and frequenting the Sacrament of Reconciliation as often as I need it that will enable me to strive for holiness and perfection even if only a little each day supplying all I need to be faithful in carrying out the mission entrusted to me.
 
My soul's beloved, meek and humble of heart, make my poor, sinful heart like Your Own. Amen.

Psalm 112:1-2. 5-9
 
My soul's beloved, here the psalmist speaks of the virtues of a person who is after the mind and heart of God. This is the ideal that we must faithfully strive for every waking moment of every day that is granted to us. I am called to fear the Lord God who loves me with an everlasting love. I am called to delight in obeying His two great commands which sum up all the rest. Love for God above and before all else and love for neighbor in the way that You love, unselfishly and without counting the cost to myself. Then You will heap blessings upon blessings not only on me but on those who come after me.  
 
I am called to give graciously with an open heart. I am called to be just in all my dealings, and You will remain at my side helping me and granting me every grace I need to do as You desire.  You will keep my heart steadfast, my purpose in living out my mission firm and I will know no fear for I will be confident that my God is with me and supplies all I need to withstand the wiles of the enemy. You will help me to give of the resources that You make available to me each day for all that You give me is given in order that I may be as lavish as You in sharing so the ones who has more will have nothing leftover and the ones who have nothing will have what they need and shall not know want.
 
 John 12:24-26
 
My soul's beloved, You ask nothing of me that You have not first done Yourself. I am called to die to myself only then will be able to rise to new life. I can only be fruitful in the dying and in the rising again. If I live selfishly then I will have gained nothing worthwhile, nothing worth having, nothing that will last and all my strivings for the things of the world will end up as dust and ashes. 
 
Jesus said to his disciples:
“Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies,
it remains just a grain of wheat;
but if it dies, it produces much fruit.
Whoever loves his life loses it,
and whoever hates his life in this world
will preserve it for eternal life.
Whoever serves me must follow me,
and where I am, there also will my servant be.
The Father will honor whoever serves me.”
 
 My soul's beloved grant that I may take You at Your Word. That I may tremble upon hearing it and that I may strive every moment of every day granted to me to do all that You ask of me so that someday when this life comes to an end You will come for me and give me a share in Your inheritance as You have promised. Perfect union with the God of Love for all eternity.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment