Sunday, June 19, 2016

Zechariah 12:10-11, 13:1, Galatians 3:26-29, Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9, Luke 9:18-24

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Zechariah 12:10-11, 13:1, Galatians 3:26-29, Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9, Luke 9:18-24

 Zechariah 12:10-11, 13:1

 My soul's beloved, from the mouth of the prophet the Lord swears an oath to give to the world from the family of David to those who will come to believe in You a spirit of love. We will share in the power of Your Spirit, the same bond of love that makes the Father and You  One. While the world will reject You, deny You and crucify You yet we will mourn Your death as deeply and as sorrowfully as one who is inconsolable having lost their only child, their first born. Such a grief knows no comfort for it creates a vacuum nothing can fill except the love of God. Thank You Lord for cleansing us from sin and taking away our defilement through the shedding of Your Blood and the Sacrifice of Your Life.

Galatians 3:26-29

 My soul's beloved, through faith in You I am made a child of the Father and I belong to the family of God through baptism. In You we are all equal in the sight of God every member of Your Body has its distinct place and purpose and we all share in the same dignity. It will do us well to remember that God has no favorites. He sent You into the world to redeem us all from the first to the last and we are all saved by You.

Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9

My soul's beloved, grant me this grace - to love You, to long for You, to hunger and thirst for You as the psalmist did. You alone can satisfy all my longings and my deepest need. You alone can comfort and strengthen. You alone can save me from myself and my weaknesses. You have been my help all my days may I never refrain from praising You always for all Your blessings. Teach me to meditate on Your goodness always and especially before I fall asleep at night. May my soul cling to You alone and to nothing and no one else for You alone are all I need always.

Luke 9:18-24

My soul's beloved, we are privileged to have been born into the Catholic faith. For this reason we can exclaim with perfect confident who You are - You are the Christ, the anointed of God, whom He sent into the world to become the means by which all human beings are saved. While many may reject You and people of other faiths may respond in different ways to this question we can say unequivocally that You are indeed the First Born Son of the Living God.

It is no enough for us to testify with our lips alone who You are but we are called to imitate You closely by picking up our cross daily and follow You on the road to perfection and holiness. May we never lose sight of the goal which is be ready to lay down our life in order to have it raised anew in the Kingdom of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment