Monday, May 2, 2016

Acts 16:11-15, Psalm 149:1-6, 9, John 15:26, 16:4

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 16:11-15, Psalm 149:1-6, 9, John 15:26, 16:4

Acts 16:11-15

My soul’s beloved, there is a kind of listening that is so powerful that the Holy Spirit begins to act in ways beyond our imagination. The Word which is alive and active cuts right through to our soul and makes its home there.  Lydia was a God-fearing woman and as she listened to Paul preaching the Good News the Holy Spirit opened her heart and made her responsive to all that he said.

Grant me this kind of listening my Lord. Give me a wonder and awe as I read, listen and meditate on Your Word, when I receive You in the Holy Eucharist, when I retire into the temple of my soul and worship You who dwell in me. Make me more Your own each day until I no longer belong to myself but wholly and completely to You.

Psalm 149:1-6, 9

My soul’s beloved, we can never overestimate the awesome power of true humility. It is a virtue that You, the Father and the Holy Spirit prize, for God Himself does not tire of constantly stooping over His sinful, wayward creatures. God became one like us in order to identify with our frail, human condition, to redeem us, and restore what we ourselves had lost through pride. The Holy Spirit is glad to make our body His temple. He lives in us as is our Guide, our Paraclete and our Helper. Each Person of the Holy Trinity, despite being God, thinks nothing of loving us so much that each ensures that we will not be lost and that someday will be eternally in heaven.

Humility and armed with the Word of God as a two-edged sword we can overcome and overpower all the snares of the enemy.

John 15:26, 16:4

My soul’s beloved, armed with the Word of God and the Helper sent to us from the Father; we can withstand all the attacks of the enemies of Truth. We can only be effective witnesses if we are familiar with Your Word and if we allow the Holy Spirit to take control of our lives. Only by being docile to the promptings of the Holy Spirit can we set the world on fire. Teach me Lord how to surrender my will and to yield my life with complete confidence to Him who is the love of God, the power of God, and the Wisdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment