Thursday, March 3, 2016

Jeremiah 7:23-28, Psalm 95:1-2,6-9, Luke 11:14-23

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Jeremiah 7:23-28, Psalm 95:1-2,6-9, Luke 11:14-23


Jeremiah 7:23-28

My Beloved, once again You repeat what You have just said to me a moment ago. You command that we listen to Your voice if we do You assure us that You will be our God and we will be Your people.If we walk in the way of Truth all will be well with us. Anyone who disobeys God and ignores Your Word, who pays no attention to Your commandments but are hard hearted, stubborn and willfully turn their face from You will be lost for anyone who cuts themselves from You will soon wither and die. Three times in these verse You invite me to listen. Grant me the grace to keep my ear attentive to the sound of Your voice and recognizing it may I do all that You ask me to.


Psalm 95:1-2, 6-9

My Beloved, those who are hardhearted and stubborn are foolish. They live in the dark but convince themselves that they are happy. How easily they deceive themselves that they are satisfied with wallowing in the slime of their passions that cannot lift up but only drag down. True joy comes in recognizing that we are the children of God created for a purpose which is union with You now and perfect union with You in eternity. Joy flows hearing the Word of God and yielding to it in total obedience and submission for our hearts were made to exult in knowing God and being known by Him.

Luke 11:14-23

My Beloved, today You remind me solemnly, in verse 23, “Whoever is not with Me is against Me, and whoever does not gather with Me, scatters.” When we stand by You and abide by Your Word we stand on the side of Truth, Beauty and Goodness, we stand on the side of God and all His angels it would be utter stupidity to align ourselves with those who are against You for the rulers of darkness have long been defeated by You and by Your Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment