Thursday, March 3, 2016

Deuteronomy 4:1,5-9, Psalm 147:12-13,15-16,19-20, Matthew 5:17-19

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Deuteronomy 4:1,5-9, Psalm 147:12-13,15-16,19-20, Matthew 5:17-19
 

Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9

My Beloved, today You instruct me to listen and practice all You have taught in order that I may receive the inheritance won for me by Your saving act of redemption – the Kingdom of Heaven. You summed up the entire law and the prophets with the two great commandments of love – to love God with all that I am placing Him above and before all and then to love my neighbor in the measure that You have loved me. You invite me to love all whom I encounter each day as radically as You loved me with a total sacrificial giving of self. Is this hard Beloved, of course it is but it is not impossible. You do not ask us to do anything that You Yourself have not done first. If I do as You command I have Your assurance that whenever I call You will answer. I have also been given a mission to hand over to future generations all that I have been taught by You, how I have been saved by You and the inheritance that You share with all who believe in You. 


Psalm 147:12-13,15-16,19-20

My Beloved, the psalmist exhorts me to exalt You and praise You. In fact praise of You out to stream from my lips out of the fullness of my heart for from the moment I was conceived You have blessed me and been with me. You have taken me by the hand and have guided my feet. Even when I rejected You and sat in the company of sinners You did not reject me but waiting patiently and lovingly for my return. Thank You for all the bitter and painful circumstances that I have had to face periodically in my life they have revealed how much I need You. Through it all Your love and Your Presence have been steadfast and Your Word brought healing, consolation and wisdom. Just as snow and frost are scattered covering every area and blanketing the earth so also does Your Word have the power to spread everywhere, touch everyone and cover us with the saving grace and healing power of Your Word. Thank You for the grace to pass on the awesome gift of faith we received at Baptism to our children and I have Your assurance that it be handed down faithfully to future generations, this is truly comforting. Thank You Lord.


Matthew 5:17-19 


My Beloved, as Your followers You remind us that the Law and all the that the prophets have said I all the years preceding Your incarnation has not been abolished rather all that they have said has been perfected by You and finds its fulfillment in You. How wonderfully reassuring it is to know that as long as heaven and earth lasts Your Law of love will remain unchanged, untarnished and will be help aloft as a beacon of hope for all people of every age until time comes to an end. True greatness comes from living as You lived. Obeying the law of love in the two great commandments You have given us and to teaching others to do the same, guarantees us a place in Your Kingdom where we will live with You as co-heirs and You will grant us a share in Your inheritance as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment