Tuesday, July 20, 2021

1 John 4:11-18, Psalm 72:1,2,10-13, Mark 6:45-52

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 John 4:11-18, Psalm 72:1,2,10-13, Mark 6:45-52

1 John 4:11-18

My Beloved, if I am afraid, if fear of anything grips me, then I have not grasped this great truth that Love loves me. So extraordinarily and perfectly am I loved by Love that this Love that upholds me and keeps me alive every moment, which fills me and flows out from me must touch those I encounter every day that they too experience Love. Love is not an emotion that is here today and gone in a puff of smoke dispersed by the wind but is a Trinity of Persons in one God whose being and nature is love.

If I have failed to allow this truth to be the guiding principle of every thought, word and deed then fear and anxiety envelops me and I will be unable to love as I am loved. Conceived in love, created in love and born of love I must know that the God of Love has destined me to live in love and die in love and live eternally in the bosom of Love. This is my destiny – that the God of Love has created me in love to love Him above and before all else and my neighbor as myself.  

Psalm 72:1,2, 10-13

My Beloved, Son of the Living God and Sun of Justice who has been appointed as King of Kings and Lord of Lords to rule over all, all creation rightly worships You and gives You praise. Our hope is in You. Our joy is in You. Our life comes from You. You uphold and sustain all that lives, moves and breathes. All of creation recognizes Your Kingship and rule and renders You homage.
 
As the Son of Justice the poor, the needs, the outcast, the sinner, the weak, the marginalized, those considered worthless and are forgotten find in You a Friend and a Brother who will ensure that they will receive recompense if not in this life but certainly a hundred fold in the next. Anyone who has caused even a sigh to escape the lips of Your poor little ones will be judged and their oppressors will pay for their injustice.

No comments:

Post a Comment