Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Malachi 3:1-4, 23-24, Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10 & 14, Luke 1:57-66

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Malachi 3:1-4, 23-24, Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10 & 14, Luke 1:57-66

Malachi 3:1-4, 23-24

My Beloved, just as God sent prophets to prepare the people for Your coming, just as He sent John the Baptist to prepare the way for You, so too am I called to be a messenger and herald of the Good News.  Wherever I go, I must create an atmosphere that is conducive to Your arrival.  Our hearts must be ready, open and waiting for You. 

You came into the world as our Redeemer, Savior, Brother and Friend but when You come again it will be in awesome power and majesty to judge the world. Grant that we use this time of preparation wisely so when the day of the Lord comes, we will not be frightened but will rejoice at Your coming.

Psalm 25:4-5, 8-10 & 14

My Beloved, how blessed I am for I have God on my side who helps me, who teaches and instructs me, who listens to me and answers when I pray.  You guide me in the way I should go; providing all I need for the journey so I do not get lost or weary.  You love me with a love beyond all imagining and even  when I turn from You, You remain faithful.  You have given me Your own Holy Spirit who points the way in which I should go.  Grant me a quiet, docile spirit so I may walk in the way of the Lord all my days.

Luke 1:57-66

My Beloved, there is a time for everything that God has ordained and all comes to pass according to His plan.  All we need to do is be alert, prepared, attentive, ready and obedient to do all that is asked of us and we will see great things happen as God's wonderful plan unfolds.

When the time had come for Elizabeth to give birth to her son the whole neighborhood rejoiced; so too must we share in the joys and sorrows of those around us.  When they asked what the child was to be named  Zechariah wrote 'John' the people were surprised since they expected that he too would be called by his father's name.  

In naming him John God asks us to step out of the old way of thinking and be ready to do the new thing He is asking of us.  He wants us to taste the new wine for it is only by breaking away from old, stale, dead habits can we be free to do the new things God asks us to do.

When we obey God we give Him the freedom to act in us.  The marvellous things God does for us must be a testimony to everyone what God can do if we only let Him.

Here I am Lord! Do with me what You will.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment