Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Titus3:1-7, Psalm 23:1-6, Luke 17:11-19

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Titus3:1-7, Psalm 23:1-6, Luke 17:11-19

Titus3:1-7

My Beloved, it was love that created me according to the eternal plan of God.  His mercy saved me through the waters of Baptism and the infilling of His Holy Spirit.  There was a time, despite all that God had done for me I lived a life in the flesh.  I was influenced by the prevailing culture until Your goodness and love for me intervened.  Thank You for my personal encounter with You and the sure knowledge that having been justified through grace, I am called to live in the Spirit. My love for God must be visible in all I say, think and do.  Thank You for making me an heir to the Kingdom that I am called to establish along with all who believe and have come to the knowledge of truth.

Psalm 23:1-6

My Beloved, because You are my Shepherd I trust You to supply all my needs.  I will not spend one moment in anxiety for I belong to Your flock.  You restore my soul in the Sacrament of Reconciliation - grace lost is replenished at Your fountain of mercy.  I do not walk alone I have Your Holy Spirit as my guide.  With His help and guidance and His unfailing Presence, He will help me to navigate the treacherous paths and preserve me from evil.

I am fed at the Eucharistic table daily and so I am well nourished and capable of resisting the lures of the enemy.  You have anointed me with the oil of Chrism at my Baptism and Confirmation. I am Your follower and disciple and gladness and joy are my happy lot for I have your assurance that I will live with You now and in eternity.

Luke 17:11-19

My Beloved, in these verses of the encounter between You and the lepers You reveal how we can not only be healed but transformed completely physically and spiritually into a new creation.  Every sinner is disfigured by sin to a greater or lesser extent deepening on the gravity to the sin.  Only with awareness of our pitiable condition, coupled with the desire to come to the only who who can heal us, we must cry out to You to have pity on us.  When You turn, Your infinitely tender gaze filled with love and compassion, we can be certain that healing and restoration will follow.

The lepers found it to be so. They received healing but it was necessary to go the priest and show themselves in order to receive confirmation they they were healed completely.  Once we know that we have been welcomed back into God's family in the glorious Sacrament of Reconciliation, we must rejoice and give thanks falling on our face in worship like the one leper who returned to give thanks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment