Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Titus 2:1-8, 11-14, Psalm 37:3-4, 8, 23, 27 & 29, Luke 17:7-1

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Titus 2:1-8, 11-14, Psalm 37:3-4, 8, 23, 27 & 29, Luke 17:7-10


Titus 2:1-8, 11-14


My Beloved, it is not enough to know our faith, our whole way of living must be a testimony of what we believe or our lives will cease to bear good and lasting fruit.

It is a matter of scandal when we who profess to be good Christians lie by our words, our attitudes, our lack of discipline and self control.  Each is called to be a faithful witness according to our vocation and state in life.  We ought never to be the source of scandal to those who seek only to destroy the Church and ridicule the faith.

The price paid for our salvation cannot go in vain and a life that has been redeemed at so great a cost cannot be lived without purpose as if it had no worth.  Our lives are priceless simply because they were purchased at a price that cost God dearly - the precious life of His beloved Son for the life of sinful creatures doomed to eternal death.  The love of God saved us and our lives out to be a celebration of our redemption and God's victory over sin and death.

Psalm 37:3-4, 8, 23, 27 & 29

My  Beloved, every one of these verses is a promise and an assurance of God's faithful love for His creatures.  God guarantees that if, "Trust in the Lord and do good, dwell in the land and live on it. Make the Lord your delight, and he will grant your heart’s desire." And if I refrain from anger that leads to sin, anxiety and evil, He will grant me the grace to stand firm in times of temptation.  I will not fall for the hand of God will hold be safe and secure.  And finally, at the end of my life here I can be claim Your promise that, "The righteous will possess the land; they will make it their home forever.

Luke 17:7-10


My Beloved, You remind me that I have a mission to which I am called to be faithful.  I was created for a purpose and as long as I am alive, I must fulfill it in every aspect. 

I am privileged to be Your servant, a laborer in Your vineyard.  I must do my duty promptly and obediently to the best of y ability, using all the gifts God has blessed me with.  No grumbling, no complaining but a joyful, humble servant who does not more and no less than his duty.  

Thank You for the grace received in the Sacraments and for the abiding Presence of Your Holy Spirit in us which makes such service possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment