Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Philippians 2:12-18, Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14, Luke 14:25-33

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Philippians 2:12-18, Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14, Luke 14:25-33



Philippians 2:12-18


My Beloved, obedience to Your will in all things both great and small is key to pleasing You and enables us to live a life of peace, love, grace, and joy.  We obey when seen or when our obedience is unseen.  Our salvation was obtained at a price beyond all we can ever imagine and so we dare not take it lightly.  Aware of what God has done in order to restore the breach between God and man, we must be aware constantly of Your great love and our own response must be to live out our Christian life of faith in awe and worship.

Anytime we are called to do something we dislike we grumble, You ask us to do everything without murmuring if we wish to please You.  I am a child of God.  I am Your sister, and so my life must reflect all that You are in ever-increasing degree each day.  I am called to shine a light in the world by holding to Your Word of truth and Life. When my life is over You will ensure that I enter into Your glory and have a share in Your victory and triumph.

Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14


These verses by the psalmist Beloved are the anthem of every faithful Christian's life.  

The children of God walk in love, not in fear for You are our light and our salvation.  I have no need to be afraid of anything for no harm can touch the Lord's anointed.

I thank You, my Beloved, for the privilege of not only spending time before Your glorious Presence each morning in the Adoration chapel - Face to face with You.  You are the Precious Jewel in the Sanctuary who waits for us to come and visit You.

I know that at the end of my life You will come for me and You will take me home with You. I do not doubt it for I have placed my hope and my faith in You.  As long as I walk here in the valley of the shadow of death I walk In Your strength and Your power.  Thank You. 

Luke 14:25-33


My Beloved, reveal to me the things I still cling to and which are a hindrance to enjoying complete fellowship with You and grant me the grace to let them go if they are barriers that me from a closer union with You.

It is easy to follow You when things are going well, it is easier to pray and praise but let something happen to disturb the even tenor of my life and I am immediately in turmoil.  I lose my peace and my joy.  I lack trust in the knowledge that despite everything You are in total control. Grant me the grace my Beloved to love and trust You, even more, when the cross gets heavy. 

Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment