Sunday, November 30, 2014

Isaiah 63:16-17, 64:1, 3-8, 1 Corinthians 1:3-9, Psalm 80:2-3,15-16, 18-19, Mark 13:33-37

1ST SUNDAY IN ADVENT

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 63:16-17, 64:1, 3-8, 1 Corinthians 1:3-9, Psalm 80:2-3,15-16, 18-19,
 Mark 13:33-37
Isaiah 63:16-17, 64:1, 3-8

Abba, this is the Name that Jesus Your Son revealed to us and invited us as Your children to address You so - as our Daddy God.  Thank You for loving us so much that You sent Your only Son  to redeem us for You saw how helpless we were to save ourselves and all the while we kept drifting further and further away from You.
This was not Your plan - You created us to know and love You and to rejoice in our knowledge of You.  Unfortunately, we sinned and strayed. Thank You for rending the heavens, for piercing time and space and sending Jesus to us born as a poor, little Baby helpless and weak so He could identify with us in every way and understanding our weakness would desire Himself to save us from our inequity, cleanse us from our sins and restore what we had lost forever.

1 Corinthians 1:3-9

My Beloved, grace is mine and peace is Your gift to me.  You make grace available to me each day and I am permitted to drink at the never drying fountain of Your love always. You have saved me and You are pleased because even though I am a sinner I strive with Your help to be pleasing to God our Father and to You.
You have given me the treasure of Your Word and the gift of knowledge of You through Your Holy Spirit who has given me every good and perfect gift to help me overcome temptation and my weaknesses which are legion.  You keep me safe in Your Word, You feed me with Your Body, You cleanse me with Your Blood and You fellowship with me through Your Holy Spirit - Thank You!

Psalm 80:2-3,15-16, 18-19

Abba, Father, You saw our need for a Savior and You sent us Your Son to be our hope and our light.  Thank You for saving us. Thank You for our redemption.  Thank You for restoring to us through Your Son Jesus all we had lost through sin.

Mark 13:33-37

My Beloved, this Advent help me to be more vigilant and watchful than ever.  Guard me against the snares of the devil.  Evil lurks on all sides and if I am not careful, my own weaknesses will lead to my destruction and my headlong fall from grace.

Preserve me Lord! Keep me as the apple of Your eye.  Strengthen me with Your grace and place Your angels around me to guard and protect me and all whom I love and pray for.   

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment