Sunday, November 2, 2014

Isaiah 25:6, 7-9, Romans 5:5-11, Psalm 27:1, 4, 7-9, 13-14, John 6:37-40

ALL SOULS DAY

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 25:6, 7-9, Romans 5:5-11, Psalm 27:1, 4, 7-9, 13-14, John 6:37-40

Isaiah 25:6, 7-9


My Beloved, Scripture reveals that nothing unclean can enter the Presence of God.  No matter how great the love and longing of a soul who has passed from this life to the next, if such a soul has the slightest stain it will shrink from coming into Your holy and glorious Presence until it can do so with confidence after being purified in the cleansing fires of purgatory.

You will wipe away our tears and take away our humiliation for You are our God who saves us.  We pray for those who have gone before us and who are longing to enter the Kingdom but cannot do so until they are released through our prayers.

Eternal rest grant unto them O  Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them.  AMEN! 

Romans 5:5-11

My Beloved, without hope we would be joyless, fearful Christians but Your Gift of the Holy Spirit who pours Your love into our hearts assures us that it is God's will that all who believe in You be saved.

What a great consolation it is to know that we do not have to become perfect before we can come to You, rather You accept us just as we are.  Sinners who are redeemed and saved by 
Your great, selfless act of laying down Your life for Your friends.  Your Blood and reconciles to God all who have died believing in You.  Sin robbed us of paradise but You my Beloved restored it to us by Your atoning Sacrifice on the Cross.  In You we boast that heaven is our inheritance for You have reconciled us to the Father.

Psalm 27:1, 4, 7-9, 13-14

My Beloved, all who believe have received the hope of eternal life. We are sinners and often our contrition, repentance and reparation are imperfect.  It is right that God has prepared a place where our soul will be purified as gold is thrust into flames in order that the cleansing fires may purify it from all dross, before we are permitted to verse 4

One thing I ask of the Lord, one thing I seek – that I may dwell in his house all the days of my life,
to gaze at his jewel and to visit his sanctuary.

You are our light and our salvation and so we have hope that endures even through the valley of death for we know that You
Verse 7-9

Hear my voice when I call, O Lord,
have mercy on me and answer.
 My heart says to you,
“I seek your face, O Lord.”
Do not hide your face from me
nor turn away your servant in anger.
You are my protector, do not reject me
abandon me not, O God my savior!

Our hope is not in vain for in the end we will see Your goodness in the land of the just 
verse 14  

Trust in the Lord, be strong and courageous  yes, put your hope in the Lord!

John 6:37-40

My Beloved, thank You for these wonderful words of loving assurance that those whom we have loved and have passed on, believing in You and trusting in Your love, You will not turn away.  This is why You came from heaven, that we may be saved for this is the will of the Father.

Verse 40
This is the will of the Father, that whoever sees the Son and believes in him shall live with eternal life; and I will raise him up on the last day.”

Thank You my Lord and my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment