Thursday, October 2, 2014

Exodus 23:20-23, Psalm 91:1-6, 10-11, Matthew 18:1-5, 10

Memorial of the Guardian Angels

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Exodus 23:20-23, Psalm 91:1-6, 10-11, Matthew 18:1-5, 10

Exodus 23:20-23


My Beloved, today the Church celebrates the feast of the Guardian Angels I thank You for my own for his care of me and his protection, for praying for me and watching over me, for helping me to overcome pitfalls and encouraging me when I fail.



Thank You for my own Guardian Angel created for me to keep me safe and help me reach my final destination which is heaven.  Keep me attuned to his presence and grant that I may always allow him to guide me and keep me on the narrow path that leads to life.



Psalm 91:1-6, 10-11


10 no harm will come upon you,
no disaster will draw near your home.
11 For he will command his angels

to guard you in all your ways.


Matthew 18:1-5, 10



Verse 10

10 See that you do not despise any of these little ones, for I tell you: their angels in heaven continually see the face of my heavenly Father.


My Beloved, in the world we live in today the innocence of children is robbed from their tenderest years.  There is no safe haven for these not even their mother's womb is safe.  Children are looked upon as mere playthings, commodities to use, abuse and then discarded.  Children are looked upon as a right to be had or an inconvenience to be tolerated or destroyed.  They have been robbed of all rights in the name of freedom of choice and free will.  They are looked upon as a parasite if they are not wanted and as a child if they are.  Their worth and value is dependent upon how their parents view and weigh them.



Is it any wonder then that the violence we do to these most-precious of God's little ones is being seen visibly in our terror and violent ridden world.  Is it any wonder that heaven and nature shudder with revulsion at the vileness of our thoughts, words and actions?


Have mercy on us Lord and for the sake of the few have mercy on the many for You have paid the ransom of our iniquities.  You died that we may live.

No comments:

Post a Comment