Saturday, September 6, 2014

1 Corinthians 4:6-15, Psalm 145:17-21, Luke 6:1-5

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Corinthians 4:6-15, Psalm 145:17-21, Luke 6:1-5


1 Corinthians 4:6-15


My Beloved, am I like Paul prepared to be a fool for You?  Am I prepared to work for Your Kingdom quietly, in secret, unseen and neither expecting nor attracting applause? Am I truly humble, prepared to work in the shadows and allow others to receive the credit aware that as long as I do the work, it does not matter who receives the plaudits?  To look to You for hep and to expect my eternal reward from You, let this be my desire always.

Psalm 145:17-21


My Beloved, if I model my life on You, if I try to act always as I know You would act, I will experience a deep and abiding peace.  If I believe with unshakable faith that you are with me so close that You hear every cry, every sigh as I call on Your Name, I will be serene always. Nothing will disturb my spirit.  

You know I love You.  Feeble though my love may be it is offered with all the fervor this poor, weak vessel is capable of.  Yet You know my limitations despite my ardent desire to burn with love for You and You look at me with great tenderness, kindness and compassion.

May my mouth be filled with Your praise always.  May I along with all creation bow down in worship and acknowledge that You are God. My God.

Luke 6:1-5


My Beloved, nothing is forbidden to God because He is Lord of all - but of course the Pharisees did not know that You were indeed God.  It is the Sabbath, Your disciples are hungry and so they pick grain as they walk through the fields and eat. God does not put the law above human need and He does not expect us to do so either.  Especially when the need is genuine and legitimate the law must always take a back seat.  You point out a precedent to the Pharisees, “Have you never read what David did when he and his men were hungry?” He entered the house of God, took and ate the bread of the offering and even gave some to his men, though only priests are allowed to eat that bread.”  You are the Son of God and the Son of David who is Lord even of the Sabbath.  Love and compassion must always be put before the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment