Friday, September 5, 2014

1 Corinthians 4:1-5, Psalm 37:3-6, 27-28, 39-40, Luke 5:33-39

FEAST OF BLESSED MOTHER TERESA

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Corinthians 4:1-5, Psalm 37:3-6, 27-28, 39-40, Luke 5:33-39

1 Corinthians 4:1-5

My Beloved, immorality is anathema to You and it should be for all who call themselves Christians and yet grave sins are not only tolerated but celebrated. Ignoring divine and moral law Christians bow down to the diktat of the culture condoning the sins that bring death to the soul.

These verses describe perfectly the age we live in.  If the Church and all its members had taken a strong stand when the first hint of which way the wind was blowing was perceived, we would not have reached this sorry stage had we done so many would have been saved from the flames that can never be put out.

Psalm 37:3-6, 27-28, 39-40

My Beloved, the one who places all their hope and trust in You will never be disappointed because You will always ensure that they receive justice.  I know with certainty that if I yield, submit and commit my life to You I need fear nothing.  You will act on my behalf.  You know that You are my Beloved, my Life, my Delight, my Rock and my Refuge and You will give me all that is good and perfect and holy to enable me walk firmly in Your way.  You will provide the grace and strength I need to do good and to reject evil.  In times of distress, I call on You and You never fail to come to my help.  Thank You for rescuing me from the wiles of Satan ad the jaws of death.

Luke 5:33-39

My Beloved, the people had observed that Your disciples did not fast whereas the disciples of John the Baptist and the Pharisees fasted often and prayed long prayers.

When we pray and fast the discipline of the body frees the soul so it can draw closer to You.  When we are weak then we are strong.  Your disciples had the Son of God physically present in their midst.  They talked to You , touched You, laughed with You, confided in You, and they were instructed by You.  

As You said the time would come when  they would no longer have the  physical presence of the beloved Bridegroom in their midst and when that time arrived, they the would fast, pray and even lay down their lives for You as You did then, where You had gone they too would follow someday.

The old order had passed, You ushered in a new order of love, service and self-sacrifice.  You brought with You the dawn of hope and freedom from fear and death.  Thank You my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment