Thursday, July 17, 2014

Isaiah 26:7-9, 12, 16-19, Psalm 102:13-21, Matthew 11:28-30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 26:7-9, 12, 16-19, Psalm 102:13-21,  Matthew 11:28-30


Isaiah 26:7-9, 12, 16-19

My Beloved, You are righteous and You walk in righteousness, all we need to do is follow Your example and we will walk in justice and peace.  Your way is the way of love, Your law gives life and light, desiring You alone, our spirit is alert and waits for You.  You are the just judge and will rule the world in fairness.  All who are ruled by You will walk in the way of truth.  Peace is Your gift to us even in the midst of suffering, it is a peace that the world and the things of the world cannot give.  You grant success to our work.  When we went astray You chastised us but now we return to You sorrowful and determined to serve You alone.  You in turn will save us and restore to us all that we had lost when we rejected You.

Thank You for the hope of eternal life.


Psalm 102:13-21

My  Beloved, You are our Lord and our God seated in glory at the right hand of the Father from whence You will come to judge the living and the dead.  You have established Your Kingdom on earth in the Church where You dwell.  You are moved to compassion because You know how helpless we are without You.  You make Your home with us, You hear our prayers and You answer when e call for we have no one but You. 

You will receive endless praise from the people who You continually draw to Yourself until You come again to establish Your rule over all.

 Matthew 11:28-30

My Beloved, without You life is empty, dreary, hopeless, dry, joyless even in the midst of plenty.  Without You all that life has to offer is meaningless. Life without You  has no savor, it is hollow.  But with You my Beloved, even sorry, sickness and pain become sweet and acceptable for with You there is meaning and purpose.  There is hope and life.  No matter how difficult the situation may be, yoked with You our troubles grow lighter in the joy of Your Presence hardships are easier to bear.


Teach me to be humble, to be little, to see myself as I am and I will throw myself upon Your mercy knowing that I myself am nothing and can do nothing but with You my Beloved, Iwill soar with You to the highest heavens on eagle's wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment